Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUD Number/Dealing with Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AUD Number/Dealing with Equifax

So Stellar Recovery agreed to delete. That was two weeks ago. Yes I know I am being impatient. However, I've read several threads on this forum where deletions happened within this time frame and sometimes sooner. I called TransUnion and Experian. All I had to show them was the BBB complaint where they agreed to delete. That was enough for them. Equifax will not budge. I've called two different people. They keep referring me back to Stellar. So I called Stellar. They see the notation that they agreed to delete and that the deletion was submitted on 6-16-15. They also gave me the AUD Deletion Control Number. I called Equifax back and tried to use that number for reference. They would not accept it. Has anyone had experience or success with Equifax in a matter similar to this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: AUD Number/Dealing with Equifax

You should not be contacting the CRAs asserting that a furnisher has agreed to delete their reporting, apparenty based on your payment of the debt.

They will only accept the furnisher's reporting, not the assertions of the consumer.

As to asking the CRA to delete based on your evidence, I presume the agreement was based on your having paid the debt.

The CRAs have a clear policy, as stating in their credit reporting manual and incorportated into their credit reporting agreements, that furnishers should not delete based on payment of hte debt.  Noticing the CRAs that a deletion is based on payment of the debt is providing them notice that a reporting of deletion is contrary to their policy and is not something I would recommwend.

I recommmend that you wait for the debt collector to report.

They are not required to provide a reason when they report a deletion, and thus waiting will not raise any questions as to ther propriety of the reported deletion.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AUD Number/Dealing with Equifax

Hi RobertEG. Thanks for responding. The agreement wasn't a PFD. They agreed through my BBB complaint due to never responding to my Texas DV letter, my never receiving a notice of this collection, nor any phone calls, and all of the amounts owed being different across the three bureaus. They responded that they did send a demand letter on a certain date, they attempted to call x phone number, they show all three reports should be reporting paid, and they never received my DV letter. After listing all of that they stated due to the issues in the complaint we will order deletion of this account with the credit bureaus.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.