Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWA Collections

tag
xkaosx
Regular Contributor

AWA Collections

So I am down to my last 4 baddies and spoke to AWA Collections on the phone. I owe them $137 and they said they will delete from the reports after the payment is made and send me a letter stating so.

Anyone have experience with them and holding their word?

They would not send me anything till after I paid. Of course I didnt believe them so I was hoping someone had previous experience with them.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AWA Collections

Just my 2 cents worth. I would never take the word on any CA. They either put it in writing or forget it. The wording in the letter is also importent.

Everything in writing! And not in an email either!

Message 2 of 5
xkaosx
Regular Contributor

Well that was my whole point. I was wondering if anyone else dealt with them before. They are insistant on paying first then they say they send you a letter that states they will delete records from all 3 reports.

Isnt that a verbal contract in itself?

Message 3 of 5
RadioRob
Established Contributor

The problem is being able to prove it. 

If you are past SOL for being sued...  the reply to them is simple.  "You can't sue me and get anything.  You're here to make money right?  If you want this _____ sitting right here with your name on it, you can play by my rules which include you giving me a written guarantee that it will be removed from my credit reports."

The CAs are there to make money.  You need to show them how they win and you win with the scenario you propose.  Smiley Happy

(Note: I would not quite 100% word it that way...  ya need to make it just a tad bit more diplomatic, but you get the idea.   haha)

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

RadioRob is correct. And as to a verbal contract = your word against their's. No proof & you lose!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.