Regular Contributor
xkaosx

AWA Collections

So I am down to my last 4 baddies and spoke to AWA Collections on the phone. I owe them $137 and they said they will delete from the reports after the payment is made and send me a letter stating so.

Anyone have experience with them and holding their word?

They would not send me anything till after I paid. Of course I didnt believe them so I was hoping someone had previous experience with them.

TransUnion Experian Equifax
549 500 516 6/2008
598 530 608 6/2009
613 602 624 7/2009
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

Re: AWA Collections

Just my 2 cents worth. I would never take the word on any CA. They either put it in writing or forget it. The wording in the letter is also importent.

Everything in writing! And not in an email either!

Regular Contributor
xkaosx

Well that was my whole point. I was wondering if anyone else dealt with them before. They are insistant on paying first then they say they send you a letter that states they will delete records from all 3 reports.

Isnt that a verbal contract in itself?

549 500 516 6/2008
598 530 608 6/2009
613 602 624 7/2009
Regular Contributor
RadioRob

The problem is being able to prove it. 

If you are past SOL for being sued...  the reply to them is simple.  "You can't sue me and get anything.  You're here to make money right?  If you want this _____ sitting right here with your name on it, you can play by my rules which include you giving me a written guarantee that it will be removed from my credit reports."

The CAs are there to make money.  You need to show them how they win and you win with the scenario you propose.  :smileyhappy:

(Note: I would not quite 100% word it that way...  ya need to make it just a tad bit more diplomatic, but you get the idea.   haha)

Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

RadioRob is correct. And as to a verbal contract = your word against their's. No proof & you lose!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+