Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Charge Off account

tag
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

Re: About Charge Off account

@guiness56 wrote:

If you have anybody that is in the military try NFCU.  Also, USAA will let you join and there are a few cards you would be eligilble to apply for.

NFCU is much better in extending credit though.

i agree! Pay cap one after it falls off. they will eventually forgive you...I did the exact same thing when I was young and inexperienced. App for credit one and matrix for unsecured...but they come with a high(relative) price. Go for the BoA secured! Store cards like victorias secret and amazon.com store cards are easy to get. Best of luck to ya mate and it seems you are on the path to credit worthiness! Oh and PAY YOUR OLD BILL! Smiley Happy
Message 21 of 37
mb2621
Established Member

Some CU's won't let you open an acount if your credit is too low.

Message 22 of 37
FredGSanford
Established Member

if my brother served in the army reserves a very long time ago would that count for nfcu?

Message 23 of 37
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 24 of 37
FredGSanford
Established Member

dang! lol. ill figure this thing out yet. i just need someone to give me a shot

Message 25 of 37
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Has to be a current member of the Armed Forces.  AD, reserve or guard and be a member.

A household member with something like a utility in both your names, same address.

Message 26 of 37
FredGSanford
Established Member

so my fiance and i fillled out those pre approval sites for HER and they results are she is pre approved for bankamericard cash rewards, chase slate, and chase freedom card. Our thinking is if we put both names on the card , they willl report to all 3 Credit agencies for both of us. right? if so which card??

Message 27 of 37
FredGSanford
Established Member

her grandfather is also retired from the army and they currently have the same address

Message 28 of 37
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You would have to qualify as a joint user.  She can add you as an AU.

Just the fact that her grandfather is retired would be enough to get her in NFCU.

Message 29 of 37
Karnage146
Contributor

Fred, I just tried the BOA one and got pre approved for a Visa Card. I have yet to actually apply for it tho. Do you know if that one is a secured card? Also, when you were pre approved, were you approved once you applied or have you not tried it yet? I dont want to apply seeing that I was pre approved and then I am not approved once I actually apply.

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.