Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Lexington Law / Credit Repair Company

tag
Kadouboy
Established Member

About Lexington Law / Credit Repair Company

Good morning Friends,

I was wondering in anyone on this forum is  familiar or have had a history with a credit repair company / law firm called Lexington law? I hired this company 3 months ago after a friend of mine recommended them to me but I apparently I am not sure if they are doing me any good or bad. I only had 1 late payment from one my credit card from February of 2013, which I really forgot and that just resurfaced. Any other dispute if any on my credit report, I disputed and got it removed.

The reason I am asking  and want to find out about Lexington Law is because my equifax and FICO were up (685 to be exact) but apparently they sent a request or dispute that triggered again a 30 day late payment and cost me like 80 points. I went from 685 fico score to 607. I am really pissed off right now ( Excused my language) and not sure what to do. I can't wait for till 8 am this Friday to call Equifax and initiate a dispute.

Further, the late payment that was reported on my credit report is from one of credit cards ( Barclay Bank that I took in 2011). The payment shows 30 days back from February 2011 and I have always been current on card ( Have $3500 Credit limit and $984 balance as of today) .

Any advise or insight  that I can get will be highly appreciated so that I can get this late payment removed. I am in the process of getting a house and was planning on meeting with the loan officer in 10 days, by Friday July 19 and here I am.

Last but not least, I was thinking about sending a letter to Barclay Bank asking them to remove that late payment on my report as a one time courtesy, not sure if that would be a good idea. If anyone has a sample of letter for that type of request, I'd love to have it please.

Thanks all in advance for your feedback.

EQUIFAX: Used to be 688 , now at 634 after this late payment of 30 days was reported

FICO: Used to be 685, now at 607 after this late payment of 30 days was reported.

TRANSUNION: 650 ,  unchanged since June 2013

EXPERIAN: 702 , unchanged since May 2013

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

Re: About Lexington Law / Credit Repair Company

Send a GW to Barclay asking if they would please delete. Be nice in your letter as you are asking for a favor.

you can do everything Lexington Law can do and then some. No need to hire them because of one 30 day late payment.
Message 2 of 20
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Lexington Law is nothing but a sales marketing company using the word "LAW" in its name to sound more legit. There's nothin they do you can't do for yourself. I had 23 collections accounts. I have in the last month gotten LVNV (2 acocunts), Jefferson Capital (1 account), and a bunch of other medical collections deleted off my account. I even got CREDIT ONE to remove a chargeoff account and the collection tradeline from ASSET should be deleted soon since it was tied to it.

There's nothing LEXINGTON LAW does that you can't do yourself. All they do is send debt validation letters. I can't justify paying someone a 100$ to send out a letter I can do myself. Also when you deal with someone who is not exactly up to date on your profile, you are bound to poke the bear and wake up things that they forgot to report. It's one of those things that has an adverse affect when disputing info. I recently experienced it when I disputed one GE chargeoff, only to have a second one show up

Message 3 of 20
DaBears
Senior Contributor

For future reference 30 day lates only affect your score for 2 yrs after that they lose their punch and no longer is a issue with a potential creditor. 90+ days lates are the ones you have to worry about as those are major derogatories and can affect your credit score for 7 yrs. As stated above you can do so much more as Lexington Law is restricted to what they can dispute. I never have or never will recommend a credit repair agency. 

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 4 of 20
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@goosedog wrote:

Lexington Law is nothing but a sales marketing company using the word "LAW" in its name to sound more legit. There's nothin they do you can't do for yourself. I had 23 collections accounts. I have in the last month gotten LVNV (2 acocunts), Jefferson Capital (1 account), and a bunch of other medical collections deleted off my account. I even got CREDIT ONE to remove a chargeoff account and the collection tradeline from ASSET should be deleted soon since it was tied to it.

There's nothing LEXINGTON LAW does that you can't do yourself. All they do is send debt validation letters. I can't justify paying someone a 100$ to send out a letter I can do myself. Also when you deal with someone who is not exactly up to date on your profile, you are bound to poke the bear and wake up things that they forgot to report. It's one of those things that has an adverse affect when disputing info. I recently experienced it when I disputed one GE chargeoff, only to have a second one show up

This ^^^^^^^

With that said.. Just because you can do everything they can do doesn't mean they don't serve a purpose.. some people use companies like this as a conduit to taking control of their own credit repair, or they don't have the time tor understanding to dispute ect ect..

But be mindful, that you have the ability to do things that a credit repair org cannot but law do on your behalf..

If you spend the time to research things, it will be clear.. self-repair is the way to go.. LexLaw got big as the internet affiliate marketing boom happened in the mid 2000s... before get paid to refer them. they get paid when people sign up.. that is why so many 'credit repair websites' have links to lexlaw..

It all about the benji's with them.. and those who refer them...

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 20
goosedog
Regular Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

@goosedog wrote:

This ^^^^^^^

Just because you can do everything they can do doesn't mean they don't serve a purpose.. some people use companies like this as a conduit to taking control of their own credit repair, or they don't have the time tor understanding to dispute ect ect..

-scott

My philosophy in life, prove to me first before I pay you. You never ask your employer to pay you before you put in the work. If they actualyl get one item deleted for example and than said, you pay us, we will keep working on things for you, than they would be worth it, but if you research the internet, you will see people that paid them for 6 months and never got anywhere.

Message 6 of 20
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@goosedog wrote:

@rckstrscott wrote:

@goosedog wrote:

This ^^^^^^^

Just because you can do everything they can do doesn't mean they don't serve a purpose.. some people use companies like this as a conduit to taking control of their own credit repair, or they don't have the time tor understanding to dispute ect ect..

-scott

My philosophy in life, prove to me first before I pay you. You never ask your employer to pay you before you put in the work. If they actualyl get one item deleted for example and than said, you pay us, we will keep working on things for you, than they would be worth it, but if you research the internet, you will see people that paid them for 6 months and never got anywhere.

exactly..

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 7 of 20
tcrutchf
Valued Member

@goosedog wrote:

goosedog, I have been trying to deal with Credit One. Can you please PM my the contact info you used? Thanks!!!

Chapter 13 Discharge - October 27, 2021
Current FICO 8 scores: Experian-689 Equifax-676 TransUnion-656
Message 8 of 20
Kadouboy
Established Member

Goosedog,

I share your view in this matter, I should have initiated a dispute myself and always negotiate everything concerning my credit. One point you mentioned that's really pertinent is that credit repair agencies will never have full information needed to fight on your behalf. There’s always something they can miss. As result, they might poke a bear and wake a sleeping giant. 

As matter of fact, I went ahead and cancelled my service today because honestly I was not satisfied. Different feedbacks on the forum were just a confirmation to me at this point and reinforce my decision to part with this credit repair agency.

Now, the big question is this: where can I get a good goodwill letter that I can address to Barclay Bank to remove a 30 days late payment? If anyone has a GW letter or knows where I can get a good one, please assist...

I'd like to thank everyone for your feedbacks and insights. They were really helpful.

Message 9 of 20
goosedog
Regular Contributor

@tcrutchf wrote:

@goosedog wrote:

goosedog, I have been trying to deal with Credit One. Can you please PM my the contact info you used? Thanks!!!

Check your PM. Sent you the contact info.

As far as good will letters, the ones you write yourself and explain your situation are alot better than the ones you find on the internet. They have been used thousands if not millions of times. Its like reading the same book over and over again. Makes yours tailored to your situation and what you want accomplished.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.