Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Lexington Law / Credit Repair Company

tag
tcrutchf
Valued Member

Re: About Lexington Law / Credit Repair Company

Thank you so much! I will work on that letter tonight.

Chapter 13 Discharge - October 27, 2021
Current FICO 8 scores: Experian-689 Equifax-676 TransUnion-656
Message 11 of 20
Kadouboy
Established Member

Good point Goosedog. You made my day sir. I like your realness. Thank you so much.

Message 12 of 20
J_G
Regular Contributor

I used Lexington for 3 months. All they do is dispute. I just didn't have the time or patience to do it myself. I did get results.It cost me almost $100 a month
7/1/13 - EQ = 593 TU = 578 EXP = 573 FICO
8/11/13 - EQ = 600 TU = 590 EXP = 603 FICO
10/1/13 - EQ = 611 TU = 689 EXP = 605 FICO
12/4/13 - EQ = 625 TU = 648 EXP = 604
Lender Pull 2/18/14 - EQ = 630 TU = 678 EXP = 594
Lender Pull 2/28/14 (EQ 640) (TU 660) (EX 655) Rapid re-score =)
9/30/14 - EQ = 660 TU = 710 EXP = 669
Message 13 of 20
jamiii
New Contributor

I am about 6 weeks into working with a credit repair company (Not Lexington though) after working for about a year and half on my own.  In that time I was able to fix about 15 or so accounts on my own rasing my score from 435 to 633 (midscore).  After months of no results with the remaining derogs (9 on one report, 3 and 4 on the others), I started working with a company recommended to me by a family friend and mortgage broker.  They've already been able to have 3 accounts deleted rasing my scores 30 to 50 points depending on the CRA.  (This is also before we've finished paying down our CC, so we should see another bump there in a month or two). 

And ideally we'll be well on our way to buying a house this fall/early 2014.

I think results really depend on the individual profile.  And yes, there is a lot you can do yourself but in my case they have been able to make progress on accounts that I couldn't make any ground on after countless DVs, PFDs, GWs, etc.........

Message 14 of 20
goosedog
Regular Contributor

@jamiii wrote:

I am about 6 weeks into working with a credit repair company (Not Lexington though) after working for about a year and half on my own.  In that time I was able to fix about 15 or so accounts on my own rasing my score from 435 to 633 (midscore).  After months of no results with the remaining derogs (9 on one report, 3 and 4 on the others), I started working with a company recommended to me by a family friend and mortgage broker.  They've already been able to have 3 accounts deleted rasing my scores 30 to 50 points depending on the CRA.  (This is also before we've finished paying down our CC, so we should see another bump there in a month or two). 

And ideally we'll be well on our way to buying a house this fall/early 2014.

I think results really depend on the individual profile.  And yes, there is a lot you can do yourself but in my case they have been able to make progress on accounts that I couldn't make any ground on after countless DVs, PFDs, GWs, etc.........

Were any of these credit card chargeoffs like HSBC, CAP 1, GE MONEY, ETC that they managed to get deleted. Could you provide more info what kinda accounts they got deleted? and what company is this?

Message 15 of 20
jamiii
New Contributor

No, the three deleted so far were not COs.  They were 3 unpaid collections.  I do have a couple of CO so we'll see.  But again, I knew going into it that removing CO's were difficult.  My main motivation for working with a repair company was to give them a shot at collection accounts that I haven't been able to make progress on so that I could try and gain enough points for a conventional loan, and I'm almost there so I've been happy with the results so far.

The company is Rising Point Solutions.

Basically, in the end, to me the money was worth the gamble to me.  I understand that it isn't the same for everyone and the results can vary, so I'm not advocating for or against a repair company.  Just giving my experiences with one so far.

Message 16 of 20
fenix

they have been able to make progress on accounts that I couldn't make any ground on after countless DVs, PFDs, GWs, etc.........

Disputes as well?

Message 17 of 20
cahomebuyer

I was told about Lexington Law from a mortgage company and hired them the same day.  

However, after talking to a lawyer who worked for the credit agencies, he indicated that LL is well know to them and not well liked, and that what they do for $100 a month per person I could do myself.  

So I unhired them and have spent the last couple of weeks sending out disputes to the agencies and now going into phase two of GW letters.  I understand that some people may not want to spend the time or effort to attempt to fix these things themselves and if you have a spare $100 a month, well, then by all means.  But with the online forms you can use for all 3 agencies, it really doesn't take that much time.  

Since I just started, we'll have to see what my efforts bring, but I will continue to do this myself.  I got myself into this mess, I'll just have to get myself out Smiley Very Happy

Michael & Barbara

Goal: Buy House
Problems: Chase Short Sale, Chase Heloc #1, Chase Heloc #2, Capital 1 C/O
Scores: EQ 676 EXP 688 TU 684
Message 18 of 20
jamiii
New Contributor

@fenix wrote:

they have been able to make progress on accounts that I couldn't make any ground on after countless DVs, PFDs, GWs, etc.........

Disputes as well?

Yes, disputes as well.  I just found out today that they were able to have an Orchard Bank/HSBC unpaid CO removed.  So I've been happy with the results so far.

Message 19 of 20
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you have a supportable issue over the accuracy of any credit card  billing=related matter, you can file a dispute under the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA)

That requires certain disclosures on the part of the creditor.  You might consider an FCBA dispute.

As for use of a credit repair organization, the most effective process for handiling inaccuracies in credit reporting is the direct dispute process provided under FCRA 623(a)(8), which ensure all information is received by the creditor, and  that reponse on the dispute be sent directly to you within the same dispute period as provided for disputes made through a CRA.  .

Credit repair organizations are exempt both by express statement in section 623(a)(8) and the implementing regulations governing the direct dispute process as set foth in 16 CFR 660.4, from any involvement in the direct dispute process.  That exclusion extends so far as to permit a furnisher to dismiss any direct dispute that even indicates the use of a form provided by a credit repair organization.

Thus, use of a CRO can exclude your ability to take advantage of the substantial benefits of the direct dispute process.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.