Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About how long to see a rebound after new account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

About how long to see a rebound after new account

Ok - one of my cards finally reported - but EQ took like a 40 point hit!   My utilization went from 18% to 5% and my age of accounts reduced by 5 months.  I was a little shocked by the hit!

How long do you think before I see a rebound?    And scarier yet - I have another card that will still report next week sometime.....I hope I"m not looking at another 40 point hit!  I'd be lower than I started then!

So far the card is only on EQ - not showing on TU or EX yet.....scared to see what happens when they hit there too.  Hopefully it's a very temporary hit.  (I was actually about ready to talk to a mortgage officer about a program that is offered in my area and see where I stand......now I'm scared to.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: About how long to see a rebound after new account

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok - one of my cards finally reported - but EQ took like a 40 point hit!   My utilization went from 18% to 5% and my age of accounts reduced by 5 months.  I was a little shocked by the hit!

How long do you think before I see a rebound?    And scarier yet - I have another card that will still report next week sometime.....I hope I"m not looking at another 40 point hit!  I'd be lower than I started then!

So far the card is only on EQ - not showing on TU or EX yet.....scared to see what happens when they hit there too.  Hopefully it's a very temporary hit.  (I was actually about ready to talk to a mortgage officer about a program that is offered in my area and see where I stand......now I'm scared to.

Seems excessive for a new account hit. Examine your report carefully for something else - derog updated, etc.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO new Derogs.......Actually just got the last one that I can handle - off - and that had jumped me 18 pts.  The only new thing I see is the latest Cap One acct which actually helped the UTI and only dropped the AAoA by 5 mos......   

All that is out there is a few late payments on my car loan (which note as dipute on the account, but have since I started sending GW letters to Chase) and the tax lien - that I make payments on and has always been there.    

I thought it was strange as I expected and increase since the inquiry reported over a month ago...and my newest CHASE card isn't even reporting yet. (3 outta 4 reporting)

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Cap 1 just reported last week too (opened in August!) and I saw about a 5 point drop accross the 3.  I was pretty surprised to see a drop considering when my previous two reported I saw a huge increase (nearly 40 points) but I might have fainted if I saw a 40 point drop!  I hope you rebound quickly!  I'm optimistic that I will see a rebound by the end of the month.  However, I still have two other store accounts that have not reported yet...and now I'm nervous like you!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My Cap 1 just reported last week too (opened in August!) and I saw about a 5 point drop accross the 3.  I was pretty surprised to see a drop considering when my previous two reported I saw a huge increase (nearly 40 points) but I might have fainted if I saw a 40 point drop!  I hope you rebound quickly!  I'm optimistic that I will see a rebound by the end of the month.  However, I still have two other store accounts that have not reported yet...and now I'm nervous like you!

That's what happened with my first 2 accounts, dropped about 5 pts (I figured due to inquiries) and then jumped back up nicely......this one just freaked me out totally.  Hoping it recovers quickly or that something else updates (Discover balance).  I really want to go talk to a mortgage officer so see where I stand on this program -but that just knocked me out........Not what I expected to wake up to.  

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Full positive from new accounts occurs for me on the 1st of the month after the 2nd full statement cuts. That's assuming all the details of the tradeline are accurate.

Maybe check the details of the new account in your report and see if it's missing anything. My wife took a significant hit when an account reported "unknown" as the payment status. We think that was it, we can't see anything else.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll wait and see - hopefully it gets itself fixed soon.    I still have another account to report next week or so...So I'll pull new reports after that and hope something happens for the better.

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

maybe I got rebucketed???    It was my 3rd card reporting!  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.