Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to call CA for PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: About to call CA for PFD

Have any of you guys ever had a CA tell you no, they will not do it?  or do they generally not mind doing it they just want their money

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I have not had any tell me no, they have just ignored my requests.  I will try calling them I guess.  I have read plenty of other stories here of people dealing with CAs that say they just don't do it.  Some even try to claim it is a violation of the FCRA to pay for delete (it is not).

Message 12 of 18
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

Regarding Afni, I tried to get them to agree to a PFD several times, but they kept refusing saying they don't exchange payments for deletions.  They sent me a letter offering a settlement of $50 on a $638 T-Mobile balance prior to me requesting the PFD.    I decided to go ahead and pay the settlement, and within a couple of weeks, Afni did delete it off my CR even though they kept saying they wouldn't.   

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have heard more stories or getting "no" or no response then actually executing a pay for delete. I've tried numerous times. Never got one. Have had friends try, and they had no luck either.

Message 14 of 18
honky
Regular Contributor

I recieved a response after I offered a pfd on a 5 year old debt.  I am not seeing this as an agreement for PFD..maybe I am wrong?

NOTICE OF RIGHT TO CURE DEFAULT

(Required before the consumer credit transaction described below may be accelerated)

The creditor named above reported to this office that you are in default on the transaction described below.

-OPEN ACCOUNT

You may cure the default on by paying tha baance of: xxx

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@honky wrote:

I recieved a response after I offered a pfd on a 5 year old debt.  I am not seeing this as an agreement for PFD..maybe I am wrong?

NOTICE OF RIGHT TO CURE DEFAULT

(Required before the consumer credit transaction described below may be accelerated)

The creditor named above reported to this office that you are in default on the transaction described below.

-OPEN ACCOUNT

You may cure the default on by paying tha baance of: xxx

I would personally not consider that any sort of PFD confirmation.  I read that as them telling you that the debt will be satisfied.  I would reply back asking for an agreement with explicit language that the account will be removed from all credit bureaus.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is not an agreement for PFD. That is you agreeing that you owe the money and you will probably start your 7 year reporting all over again.

Message 17 of 18
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No consumer response, regardless of any admission, ever resets the credit report exclusion date.

That is based only on the DOFD on the OC account, and nothing else.

Perhaps it might reset the running of the statute of limitations on the debt if the relevant SOL statute provides for reset based on admission of debt.

One basis for debt collector reluctance to admit to acceptance of PFDs is that such a practice violates their credit reporting agreement with the CRAs, which state that prior reporting is not to be deleted based on payment of the debt.  However, if they do accept a PFD, they dont have to report a reason, and thus any issue of their credit reporting agreement never actually sees the light of any CRA scrutiny. 

It is not an issue of federal law vs contract law, as there is no federal law prohibiting CR deletion.  The only FCRA requirement is that information of record in the consumer's credit file must not knowingly be inaccurate. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.