Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to cry from happiness :D

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

About to cry from happiness :D

DH has 3 big negs on his credit report - house given to ex-wife in divorce that she never refinanced out of his name (subsequent court appearances, ordered the house sold, short sale JUST wrapped up a month ago).  Two of the negs were the original mortgage and halfway through the shortsale the account was sold to a second company, so two separate companies reported badly.

The third was a car loan he had taken out for her, gave her the car and the responsibility to pay it.  Well, she was such a gem she would pay whenever she felt like it and would hide the notices.  At the time, he knew he paid all his stuff on time (including the mortgage, up until the month they were divorced) so he never checked his credit to see the damage.

Well today, after several letters and calls to Century Bank asking for a goodwill deletion of the car loan account (and a reminder that 3 other personal loans with the bank were always paid on time and in full), we received a report from Experian that Century Bank was DELETED!!!!!  All those 30s and 60s are GONE!!!! 

DH is on a business trip and I've texted to have him call me ASAP, I want him to check his reports and see what's going on.  I am so excited!

We are tackling the mortgage companies too, currently "being reviewed", but this feels AMAZING, I am so happy for my DH - I can only add my voice to those before me who say it absolutely IS possible to get companies to work with you.  Keep chipping away, it DOES happen Smiley Very HappyDD

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: About to cry from happiness :D

Happy for you. Thanks for sharing your story and for the encouragement of others to ot give up.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is awesome news! Celebrate  time!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG I am freaking out like a 13 year old fangirl!

We ran his up-to-the-minute scores.

Ex 745

Eq 669

TU 745

Those 745s are better than ME!  I am floored.  We are going to wait another 7 days for the "official" monthly report to be available so we can see more details, but I am stunned.  I don't know where those mid 700s are coming from, but I will more than take it!  Perhaps the mortgage company has deleted for him!  I'm not sure how else I can get more details right now, I am just so giddy.  Also not sure how to get Eq to match.

Can you tell I am a little hyperventilating here?

I'm just... I don't...  excuse me I need a good cry.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OMG I am freaking out like a 13 year old fangirl!

We ran his up-to-the-minute scores.

Ex 745

Eq 669

TU 745

Those 745s are better than ME!  I am floored.  We are going to wait another 7 days for the "official" monthly report to be available so we can see more details, but I am stunned.  I don't know where those mid 700s are coming from, but I will more than take it!  Perhaps the mortgage company has deleted for him!  I'm not sure how else I can get more details right now, I am just so giddy.  Also not sure how to get Eq to match.

Can you tell I am a little hyperventilating here?

I'm just... I don't...  excuse me I need a good cry.

** Hands over a tissue **

So HAPPY FOR YOU!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.