Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to start my credit repair journey. Seems like a great site

tag
nixadm

About to start my credit repair journey. Seems like a great site

Hello all,

So about a year and a half ago our small family business went under and I maxed out all my cards trying to keep up with the bills. It got to the point were I couldn't pay them and had to let them go. Before this I had built up pretty good credit, 2 car loans, 5 credit cars and a mortgage.

Fast forward to now, I paid off my truck, my wife's car has 6k left and I got the mortgage current after 10 months of being delinquent.

But I still have these credit cards I want to settle and start rebuilding my credit. A year ago I said I just won't use credit again but now I realize its not really feasible.

Targets:

Lowes $1,750 they offered 50% settlement
Home Depot $ 3,100 offered 50% settlement
Chase $7,000 agreed to $1,100 settlement
Chase business $15,000 offered $4500
Juniper $7,000 offered $1,500
Bank of America $5,000 no offer

A month ago I disputed them all on my report just to see if I could get one to drop off but the only thing that dropped off was my mortgage.

All these are charged off, my score (credit karma) is 570.
I've been saving up to settle these in lump sum settlements, I really want to get any kind of card to start rebuilding credit. Im not a complete credit newbie but i'm learning a lot reading here.. Any tips or suggestions welcomed

Thanks. Have a great day
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.