Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AbsolutTiger's Rebuild

tag
absoluttiger
Valued Member

AbsolutTiger's Rebuild

With significant amount of student loan debt and jobs that have not paid much, I fell into a spiral out of control and I'm trying to move things into the right direction. I figure the only way to really improve this is to be honest and put my situation out there, see if you guys can begin to help me.

Today, I'm sitting at 525 Equifax (MyFico). Here is my list of baddies:

1. Sallie Mae - 4 accounts that got up to 120 days late. I worked out a payment arrangment with them and they will finally start to report current in July. 

2. BRECOFCU - My car loan has fallen behind and is currently 30 days late, working to get it back current. 

3. Conn's - 2 thirty day lates, one of which is wrong and I keep disputing. 

4. Tower Loan, two accounts with 3 day lates

5. Bank of American Charge off - $10k

6. Bank of America Charge off - $700

7. Capital One Charge off - $3,000

8. American Express - 30 day lates about a year ago, been reporting current for a while. 

9. Midland Account, $3,000 and the Capital one charge off they purchased

10. Cash Call Loan - has a 90 day late on it. 

I am back in a position where I am paying all of my bills on time (with the exception of the car that I'm trying to catch up on). I'm trying to pick up some extra work to help with some of these debts for pay for deletes. 

Any suggestions on how to attack some of these? I have goodwill letters going to AMEX and Tower in the morning. 

Thanks for your time. I miss the 700 club and can't wait to get back. 

Starting Scores in the 400's.
Current Eq. 633, Transunion 660, Exp. 652
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: AbsolutTiger's Rebuild

@absoluttiger wrote:

With significant amount of student loan debt and jobs that have not paid much, I fell into a spiral out of control and I'm trying to move things into the right direction. I figure the only way to really improve this is to be honest and put my situation out there, see if you guys can begin to help me.

Today, I'm sitting at 525 Equifax (MyFico). Here is my list of baddies:

1. Sallie Mae - 4 accounts that got up to 120 days late. I worked out a payment arrangements with them and they will finally start to report current in July. 

2. BRECOFCU - My car loan has fallen behind and is currently 30 days late, working to get it back current. 

3. Conn's - 2 thirty day lates, one of which is wrong and I keep disputing. 

4. Tower Loan, two accounts with 3 day lates

5. Bank of American Charge off - $10k

6. Bank of America Charge off - $700

7. Capital One Charge off - $3,000

8. American Express - 30 day lates about a year ago, been reporting current for a while. 

9. Midland Account, $3,000 and the Capital one charge off they purchased

10. Cash Call Loan - has a 90 day late on it. 

I am back in a position where I am paying all of my bills on time (with the exception of the car that I'm trying to catch up on). I'm trying to pick up some extra work to help with some of these debts for pay for deletes. 

Any suggestions on how to attack some of these? I have goodwill letters going to AMEX and Tower in the morning. 

Thanks for your time. I miss the 700 club and can't wait to get back. 

Save your offer money first before contacting for PFD's....so if they accept your ready to go and your on the right course start the GW's now for the late payments and don't give up....It will take some time but hang in there 

Another point start with the smallest amount and work your way up the list so you see the results as they happen 

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
denver133
Frequent Contributor

Re: AbsolutTiger's Rebuild

Sounds like you are where I was a couple years ago.  

Student Loans and Car need to be current.  Having those report will help!  Once current, send them GWs asking them to remove the lates.  Sallie Mae hasn't done it for me yet but hopefully one day they will.  

Stay current and below 9% on your AMEX. 

As for the Charge Offs, send BOA and Cap1 a PFD and see if they would go that path.  Espeically with Cap1, see if you can pay them the $3k.  Midland is tough to get removed.   

Send GWs to Cash Call, AMEX, Tower and Conns to try and get the late payments removed.   

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.