Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute Collections refusing to remove entry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolute Collections refusing to remove entry

I have an old medical collection that has been paid off for nearly 2 years now. The Collection Agency has refused to remove the TL from my CR as is their right to leave it there for 7 - 7.5 years. At least it's listed as paid though. Will the Hipaa process work to remove this if I've already paid the CA and not the OC?

I also have an unpaid collection on my CR from the local EMS, I think it was for an ambulance ride for my late wife. It is out of SOL but is unpaid. Does the Hipaa process work for EMS/Ambulance Collections. I have been thinking about just trying for a PFD with the CA which is Professional Recovery Consultants but can't seem to find anybody who has dealt with them and whether or not they have had any success. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Absolute Collections refusing to remove entry

Once you paid the CA or even talked to them, the HIPAA process is not supposed to work.

I would try it anyway, you have nothing to lose as it is paid.

Yes, HIPAA is for anything medical, including ambulances.

Message 2 of 7
mauve
Valued Contributor

Another poster here found a CA letter for HIPAA.  I guess it's less likely to work, but there are CA letters on whychat's site for the HIPAA process.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had an Absolute collection removed. I paid them in full and they deleted. Is the office you're dealing with in NC? I have the name of an account manager if you would like it. I can IM you the name. She was very helpful to me. Just let me know.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be awesome Tracy, yes they are in NC. I paid them off 2 years ago.  Did you deal with them on the phone or through mail?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dealt with them first by disputing and then I received a letter from the account manager and then I called and spoke with her. I'll PM you the name, you should have the number I would think.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I decided to try the Hipaa process with Absolute Collections. Sent Pre-Hipaa's out on Monday to the CRA's. TU has already deleted the TL!!! WOOHOO!!! only a 7 point Fico bump but I'll take it. EQ shows as disputed reinvestigation in progress and EX hasn't shown any sort of activity regarding the pre-hipaa.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.