Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accept or Decline CLI of only $100?

tag
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

Accept or Decline CLI of only $100?

I don't know what to do!  I hit the love button and Cap 1 will only give me a $100 CLI on my platnium card.  Should I accept it or should I decline it and hope to get more at a later date??  I know if I accept it I can't do another for 6 months which is November

Thanks!

Starting all over again!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Accept or Decline CLI of only $100?

I would, allow another statement to cut and then request another one to see what will they offer.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kennerchick wrote:

I don't know what to do!  I hit the love button and Cap 1 will only give me a $100 CLI on my platnium card.  Should I accept it or should I decline it and hope to get more at a later date??  I know if I accept it I can't do another for 6 months which is November

Thanks!

Is this the early CLI? or have you already gotten your credit steps increase?

Message 3 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Are you seeking a CLI purely for credit scoring improvement, or do you need the additional spending flexibility offered by the higher CL?

If just for scoring, I would wait  bit.  $100 more in the denominator may have little effect.

What is the sum of your CL on all current cards?

Message 4 of 17
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

I can use a bump in score and I can use the extra $$ as well, but I was hoping for more than $100

My CL on this card is $500, on QS1 $400, $300 of FPB and $700 on FPB.

Starting all over again!
Message 5 of 17
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kennerchick wrote:

Thanks!

Early, just paid statement #2, but I have made 3 payments all together.  I made one before the 1st statement dropped.

Starting all over again!
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kennerchick wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kennerchick wrote:

Thanks!

Early, just paid statement #2, but I have made 3 payments all together.  I made one before the 1st statement dropped.

Wait it out. They probably have not yet soft pulled a new report. Give it another thirty days. The six month period will not be affected by this, it will start when you get your credit steps increase.

Message 7 of 17
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kennerchick wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kennerchick wrote:

Thanks!

Wait it out. They probably have not yet soft pulled a new report. Give it another thirty days. The six month period will not be affected by this, it will start when you get your credit steps increase.

Thank you Norman.  Appreciate the help.

Starting all over again!
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was offered 100 cli and decided to wait, tried again two weeks later after a soft pull and was offered 1,000 increase. So went from 500 to 1, 500.
Message 9 of 17
jstap01
New Contributor

Don't take the $100.  I was offered $100 up until yesterday.  I even got a letter saying that if I made a double payment for the next 4 months, they would give me $250.  For S&G I hit the love button today and got  $1500.

Starting Score: EXP - 561, EQ - 590, TU - 573
Current Score: EX - 739, EQ - 756, TU - 708
Goal Score: 715 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.