Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accept response to PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accept response to PFD?

Hello everyone.  I would like to thank you guys for all of the information in these forums.

I have sent Diver. Adj. several PFD letters with no response. They recently started reporting to all three credit bureaus last month. We are in the process of getting a mortgage and as you can imagine my husband credit score took a big hit.  I know you guys strongly suggest, never to talk to a CA, but we are on a tight timeline and really needed this to come of of his reports. So, I said a prayer...took a  deep breath and called the CA.  I was very careful of my wording spoke to a supervisor and he agreed to delete if we paid in full ($149). He emailed me this aggreement on there letterhead 

Name: ********

Creditor: Sprint services

Account #: ******

Client Reference #: *****

Balance Due: $149.85

Dear ****,  This email is to confirm that we are willing to remove this item from your credit bureau report, provided the balance in full is paid by May 21, 2010.  Please contact our office today to make your payment.  Our number is ***********

** THIS HAS BEEN A COMMUNICATION FROM A DEBT COLLECTOR ATTEMPTING TO COLLECT A DEBT.  ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED WILL BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE **

Thank you,

Assistant Collection Manager
Diversified Adjustment Services

Should I accept this aggrement or should I have him modify it to say "delete from all three major credit bureaus report"?

Also, just curious....if they cash my payment and do not delete or drag their feet...could I print this email and send it to all three credit bureaus and have them delete? As I stated earlier we are on a time crunch.

Thanks again

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Accept response to PFD?

I agree with your concern.  The magic words are "report to each CRA an update of the collection account status to instruct deletion of the enfire account."

This is a reporting code of DA.

Otherwise, they might just update the status to "paid," which does not lead to CR, and thus FICO, deletion. The CRA removes from your CR, not the CA.

You are concerned with the status update they report.

Message 2 of 3
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Accept response to PFD?

BTW, "we are willing" is not the same as "we will".  I'd ask for that rephrasing if you're going to ask for one.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.