Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Management Resources!! 😡😡😤

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account Management Resources!! 😡😡😤

Guys see below. I sent in the HIPAA validation letter and they sent this. But my question is is I called this company 2 months ago and asked them to delete the accounts I have with them and the lady said "no we can't and don't do that per the contract with the credit Beuraus blah blah blah.. So when I get the lefter today I noticed in the second box that they talk about "you have been previously provided a deletion letter" which tells me that this company in fact DOES and CAN delete stuff... Pisses me off. Any advice on what to do or tell them? These are the last three accounts I have in collections... Well... One is with portfolio but that's a B's company anyways... Any help would be appreciated! 

image.jpeg

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Account Management Resources!! 😡😡😤

The HIPAA Process cannot be discussed on this site in any detail all we can do is inform you to Google it and contact its creator if you need help with it. It sounds from this letter that they did provide you proper validation of the debt previously.

Here are the steps to settle a medical collection:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that. My concern was that they told me they do not delete and can't because of a contract with the credit Beuraus... But on the second box down it clearly states they can

Message 3 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand that. My concern was that they told me they do not delete and can't because of a contract with the credit Beuraus... But on the second box down it clearly states they can

Its up to them if they want to accept a PFD and since they are refusing such that selection is most likely used when someone requests DV and they no longer have collection authority or they discover that an error has been made. There isnt much you can do except keep trying to get a PFD.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well crap. Alright buddy I sure appreciate the advice. I'll continue to try the PFD's

Message 5 of 8
jbb27885
New Contributor

AMR is a client of my company's. I will tell you that the PFD is not going to work with them unless an error has been made.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Crap.... 

Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The three check boxes provided in their form letter are used to reply to a direct dispute received from a consumer (FCRA 623(a)(8)).

The box they checked held that your communication was a direct dispute that was previously investigated and contained no new documentation.

They thus dimissed the direct dispute as "frivolous or irrelevant."  See the frivolous or irrelevant provisions under the direct dispute process that are detailed under 16 CFR 660.4

The second check box refers to the case where they have previously determined that the reporting was being deleted, and informs you to wait for their deletion to clear the CRA.  Such circumstances include a deletion based on a finding in a prior dispute that the information could not be verified or corrected, and thus must be deleted.

It is not limited to deletions based on good-will requests from the consumer.  It applies to deletions required based on a finding in a prior dispute.

Message 8 of 8
† Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.