Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Question

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Account Question

@Eyisila wrote:

I want to thank everyone for their help.  I went ahead and asked for the pfd as stated earlier in this post.  To my surprise they accepted and I got this in my email today!  Take a gander Smiley Tongue

Well I couldn't get the image to upload right but here is the gist:

It's a scan of a pdf on their letterhead dated 3/24/14.

It references the 2 account numbers and amounts. 

Dear Ms. XXX

This letter is to confirm that our client,  Providence ER Services LLC, has agreed to accept $509.60 as payment in full for the above referenced account(s).  Payment must be received by 4/9/2014 for this offer to be valid.

Our client has also agreed to remove the account from your credit reports once it is paid.  Upon payment, the removal will be submitted and may take up to 30 business days for the process to change.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our office at XXXX

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Signed and dated and so forth

WOW!  So stoked they actually sent the letter I requested.  I was planning on paying these off anyway because of the verbal they stated that it would be deleted.  But now I have the written too!  YAY!!!!!

Just wanted to share Smiley Very Happy

Very good and they put it in writing too, grats Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 18
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Good for you.  25% less is not too bad.  Most people don't know that hospital bills are totally negotiable. They would rather have you pay something than nothing.

Message 12 of 18
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Just wanted to update. 

Paid today 4/9/14.  According to the rep I spoke with they report on the 20th of the month.  She said after that they say give it 3 weeks or so to update at all 3 CRA's.  Will check then.

So happy!! Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 18
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but Eyisila I have the same collection agency from the same provider. Could you please tell me who you contacted to get the bar rolling on getting them removed and settled. Your success has given me hope to get this last and final collection removed. Thanks.

Starting Scores - EX 547 || EQ 541 || TU 538 - 01/21/2014
Current Scores - EX 691 || EQ 628??? || TU 695 - 08/04/2015
Goal Scores - 720 across the board
Current Utilization - 12% and going down
Message 14 of 18
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

I really didn't speak with anyone specific.  I called in, and the operator transferred me to the correct department.  I think the people collecting have certain accounts they work.  As I spoke with the same rep each of my calls.  Now the person that she had to get into contact with in the other department, the one who actually sent out the email with the letter that stated it would be deleted was someone else.

So I would just suggest to give them a call, once the operator gets your name, they will transfer you to the appropriate rep who is "assigned", so to speak, to your account. 

Sorry I could not be of that much help Smiley Sad

On a side/update note, as of today 7/9/14 everything is off the reports from Paragon Revenue, from what I can see.  My scores are now EX-630(per Prosper.com), TU-638(per Discover), EQ-609(per MyFico). 

Also, I just got a letter in the "snail" mail from Paragon, stating the same as the emailed letter.  That each thing will be requested to be removed from the reporting agencies.  I think this was because for Experian, they were still showing as a paid collection as of a couple of weeks ago.  But it is gone now.  I will probably check my full reports sometime within the next 2 months to make sure no other Collections are there for this CA. 

If I see that one mentioned in earlier posts, the one for $600 or so, I will start a new thread about it and see what can be done Smiley Very Happy

Thanks again everyone!!

Message 15 of 18
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

Ok I will give them call thanks. Do I just request the deletion and offer them a settlement or the full amount?

Message 16 of 18
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

It will probably vary person to person.

For me it was telling them I saw their company on my report and was calling to see what they had for me.  The mentioned the 2 accounts, told me the amounts, where they came from, how long they had them.  They bascially gave me everything.  I thanked them and told them I wanted to take care of whatever because I was looking to clear up my credit for home purchase soon (actually over a  year but they didn't have to know that). 

They told me the amounts and total and they actually offered the amount at 25% less.  Then I just straight up asked them if they would do a deletion from my credit reports.  After some back and forth that lasted about a week or so, the rep I was speaking with said that the "department" that handles that came back and said they could do it.  That's when I requested it in writing, fully not expecting it, but had to try anyway.  And about 3 days later or so I got an email with the terms, saying pay xxx amount and they would request it be removed and all of the info that goes with that. 

The thing is, these were pretty old collections.  For you I guess it would depend on how old it was and so forth as to what you could request and get.  But as everyone usually says here YMMV, but I say go for it all as all they can do is say No, and you're no better or worse off than you were before.

Message 17 of 18
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

Thank you much for that, you're a gem. I'll let you know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.