Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Question

tag
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Account Question

I am currently in rebuilding mode.  I have gotten into contact with some CA's and one in particular, at least the way they are reporting, confuses me.  I hope you guys/gals can overwhelm me with your expertise!! Smiley Happy

What follows is the rundown:

Paragon Revenue Group is listed on all 3 reports.  There is one account that has $316 owed.  I sent a pfd and (I forgot they had our phone number), but they must have gotten it and called me.  After speaking with a rather nice rep, she said that once my accounts are paid, the OC (an emergency room) agreed that the account can be deleted off of my reports, WIN!

I asked for an email with those words, she said she would "put the request into the right department".  This was about a week ago, no email yet, but I'm not holding my breath on that. 

Now the quandry - She states that I also have another collection, same ER, for $327.  This one is not listed on any credit report.  Come to find out it was when I had to take my daughter to the ER when she was 4.  Now since it's not on mine, did I somehow screw up a 4 year old's credit file?  Also, should I even take care of this one also?

Now the real pickle - I pulled all 3 reports last Dec via the free annual report.  My EX shows that $316, my TU and EQ shows that one along with another with this same CA for $693.  Now the rep made no mention of this debt at all.  I have spoken with her 3 times and each time nothing about the $693 one.  Now I don't want to wake up a sleeping dog, but I was thinking of disputing that debt, but don't want to open a can of worms that shouldn't be.  From a previous dispute after I pulled the reports, TU actually deleted the $316 one but the $693 came back "verified".  EQ shows both bills "verified" and EX just has the one..  I am utterly confused and again, don't want to open up stuff that doesn't need to be. 

I apologize for the length, I hope I wasn't to confusing and would appreciate any feedback or suggestions on how to proceed. 

Just as an addendum, I was planning on taking care of the $316 this week. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Account Question

@Eyisila wrote:

I am currently in rebuilding mode.  I have gotten into contact with some CA's and one in particular, at least the way they are reporting, confuses me.  I hope you guys/gals can overwhelm me with your expertise!! Smiley Happy

What follows is the rundown:

Paragon Revenue Group is listed on all 3 reports.  There is one account that has $316 owed.  I sent a pfd and (I forgot they had our phone number), but they must have gotten it and called me.  After speaking with a rather nice rep, she said that once my accounts are paid, the OC (an emergency room) agreed that the account can be deleted off of my reports, WIN!

I asked for an email with those words, she said she would "put the request into the right department".  This was about a week ago, no email yet, but I'm not holding my breath on that. Doubt they will put in writing.

Now the quandry - She states that I also have another collection, same ER, for $327.  This one is not listed on any credit report.  Come to find out it was when I had to take my daughter to the ER when she was 4.  Now since it's not on mine, did I somehow screw up a 4 year old's credit file?  NO & what do you mean its not yours your daughter was not of legal age YOU are responsible for her and any medical bills that the state or insurance doesnt pay until she reaches the age of majority. Also, should I even take care of this one also? YES

Now the real pickle - I pulled all 3 reports last Dec via the free annual report.  My EX shows that $316, my TU and EQ shows that one along with another with this same CA for $693.  Now the rep made no mention of this debt at all.  I have spoken with her 3 times and each time nothing about the $693 one.  Now I don't want to wake up a sleeping dog, but I was thinking of disputing that debt, but don't want to open a can of worms that shouldn't be.  From a previous dispute after I pulled the reports, TU actually deleted the $316 one but the $693 came back "verified".  EQ shows both bills "verified" and EX just has the one..  I am utterly confused and again, don't want to open up stuff that doesn't need to be. 

I apologize for the length, I hope I wasn't to confusing and would appreciate any feedback or suggestions on how to proceed. 

Just as an addendum, I was planning on taking care of the $316 this week. 

Do not dispute anything until you take care of the $316 & the one for your daughter.

Message 2 of 18
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

I know she wasn't legal age, just thought it was wierd that it doesn't show up on any of my or my DH reports.  I plan on taking care of it also, just was curious about that.

As far as that $693 one.  Again it's not on my EX, but it is "verified" on EQ and TU.  But the CA makes no mention of it.  I take care of the two I know about, and get the letter that they said they would send stating "satisfied/paid/will be deleted".  Then dispute?  And if so, what do I dispute as?  Not mine? Already paid (send in the letter I get), or what.  I understand most of it, but this throws me for a loop.

And thanks for the response and suggestions.

Message 3 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Eyisila wrote:

I know she wasn't legal age, just thought it was wierd that it doesn't show up on any of my or my DH reports.  I plan on taking care of it also, just was curious about that.

As far as that $693 one.  Again it's not on my EX, but it is "verified" on EQ and TU.  But the CA makes no mention of it.  I take care of the two I know about, and get the letter that they said they would send stating "satisfied/paid/will be deleted".  Then dispute?  And if so, what do I dispute as?  Not mine? Already paid (send in the letter I get), or what.  I understand most of it, but this throws me for a loop.

They may no longer have it in which case they have to delete. I would check your reports after the PFDs are completed and see if its still there if it is come back here and start a new thread on it would be best.

Message 4 of 18
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@Eyisila wrote:

A debt in collections with a CA does not _have_ to appear on any report. The fact that it currently does not appear is good for you. Reporting is just one method of collection. The CA can attempt to collect for the hospital via any way they legally can, perpetually. The debt could at any time appear on your report with-in the allowed collection reporting period. This is the reason you should negotiate to pay some or all of it as soon as you can.

Since this is a medical debt, I'd be inclined to take them for their word that the account will be deleted upon payment.  Search for other's experiences with this CA to verify if this pay-delete policy is historically stood by.

Message 5 of 18
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Eyisila wrote:

They may no longer have it in which case they have to delete. I would check your reports after the PFDs are completed and see if its still there if it is come back here and start a new thread on it would be best.

You can also check with the hospital/medical office. There is a good chance the CA did not buy the debt, but is just collecting on behalf of the OC (hospital/office.)  The hospital/office should have billing records. Sometimes you can pay them directly.

Message 6 of 18
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

I am not disputing the ones they told me about.

I am just confused about the $693 that appears on 2, not on 1....yet was given no mention of it from the CA in three interactions with them so far.  Not even a "let me check to make sure that is all we have for you".  Basically they said I just have the two the mentioned.  This is how it is listed on the TU report:

PARAGON REVENUE GROUP  #83569**

216 LE PHILLIP CT

CONCORD, NC 28025-2954

(800) 868-1899

Placed for Collection:     09/11/2008

Responsibility:   Individual Account

Account Type:   Open Account

Loan Type:          COLLECTION AGENCY/ATTORNEY

Balance:               $693

Date Updated: 01/27/2014

Original Amount:              $693

Original Creditor:              MEDICAL-PROVIDENCE HOSPITALS (Medical/Health Care)

Past Due:             >$693<

Pay Status:          >In Collection<

Remarks: ACCOUNT CLOSED BY CONSUMER; >PLACED FOR COLLECTION<

Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 07/2015

The closed part got added after my dispute, shrug, don't know why, but that is what they put it as.  Maybe this will help/clear it up some more with you guys?

I am almost tempted just to ride it out until 7/2015 but if I can get it removed before then...all the better.

Once again thanks for all of the great info and suggestions!

Message 7 of 18
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

I want to thank everyone for their help.  I went ahead and asked for the pfd as stated earlier in this post.  To my surprise they accepted and I got this in my email today!  Take a gander Smiley Tongue

Well I couldn't get the image to upload right but here is the gist:

It's a scan of a pdf on their letterhead dated 3/24/14.

It references the 2 account numbers and amounts. 

Dear Ms. XXX

This letter is to confirm that our client,  Providence ER Services LLC, has agreed to accept $509.60 as payment in full for the above referenced account(s).  Payment must be received by 4/9/2014 for this offer to be valid.

Our client has also agreed to remove the account from your credit reports once it is paid.  Upon payment, the removal will be submitted and may take up to 30 business days for the process to change.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our office at XXXX

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Signed and dated and so forth

WOW!  So stoked they actually sent the letter I requested.  I was planning on paying these off anyway because of the verbal they stated that it would be deleted.  But now I have the written too!  YAY!!!!!

Just wanted to share Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 18
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Oh and the amount they will accept is like 25% less than the total due, so that was a nice surprise also!!

Message 9 of 18
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!  I hope I have as much success with my PFD I just sent out over the weekend.

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.