Did you mean: 

Account closed and now open

tag
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

Re: Account closed and now open

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
It'll only show a $0 balance if it was sold. The charge off status is just to say the lender wrote it off their books as it was no longer an asset (or something to that effect) but the balance is still owed as it wasn't sold to collections. Is this from a credit card? If so it could be factoring into utilization but if not it probably isn't. What was the basis of your dispute?

This is not always the case. On TU, had account sold, and both reported the balance.  It was a repo, albeit illegal.  When I did my dispute, they removed the balance, and removed the repo designation, dispute was with original creditor (see, I only do legitimate disputes Smiley Wink).  My utilization lowered, even though it was an installment loan.

On TU I have Capital One has a balance charge off sold to PRA.  My question should both be on the CR? 

Starting all over again!
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account closed and now open

@kennerchick wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
It'll only show a $0 balance if it was sold. The charge off status is just to say the lender wrote it off their books as it was no longer an asset (or something to that effect) but the balance is still owed as it wasn't sold to collections. Is this from a credit card? If so it could be factoring into utilization but if not it probably isn't. What was the basis of your dispute?

This is not always the case. On TU, had account sold, and both reported the balance.  It was a repo, albeit illegal.  When I did my dispute, they removed the balance, and removed the repo designation, dispute was with original creditor (see, I only do legitimate disputes Smiley Wink).  My utilization lowered, even though it was an installment loan.

On TU I have Capital One has a balance charge off sold to PRA.  My question should both be on the CR? 

Yes that is proper, but only the PRA collection should show a balance if it has indeed been sold.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.