cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account deleted from my husband's credit report and then added to mine??

tag
salix

Account deleted from my husband's credit report and then added to mine??

Alright, long story…My husband and I are in the process of trying to get an RD home loan. We had 3 unpaid medical collections (we had thought insurance covered them and while moving from rental to rental, never received notice of them) and a few more paid collections on our combined credit reports, so we had to clean it up before getting  the loan. Amazingly, and with a lot of help from these forums, I was able to use GW letters to delete 2 of the paid accounts, disputed to remove another, and another was removed...I believe because it was close to the SOL and they were sick of hearing from me. Smiley Happy I did a PFD for one, and two of them are showing as paid but they just will not remove them. (which is okay for an RD loan) The last, a medical account with The Thomas Agency for $145, has been the most difficult to get rid of. It was on my husband’s report. It was from one doctor’s visit for our son, and insurance would have covered it if they had been billed—it was 4 years ago so I don’t really remember whether I was supposed to bill them myself or if the office was responsible. Anyhow, I wanted it gone, so I tried DV and then PFD. They refused my certified mail, and I got no response to the priority mail I sent, although it was delivered. I complained to the BBB that I could not contact them regarding the debt, and that it should be removed if they won’t discuss the debt via certified mail. It got deleted from his account June 1st! I checked his score that day and it had gone up 96 points in 3 weeks! Yay, home loan! Nope. Checked my report this morning and the Thomas Agency account that was deleted from his report has *poof* magically appeared on MY credit report! So today I have read through the FDCRA and the FCRA…tons of online searches…I filed complaints with the BBB and the FTC and sent a DV letter to the Thomas Agency, and disputed with the credit bureaus. Is there anything else I can do?? And is the CA allowed to just switch who the debt belongs to without notifying me that I owe them anything? I have never received a letter from them. Help!! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Account deleted from my husband's credit report and then added to mine??

Since it is now on your CR, send them a DV letter.

ETA:  I just read you did.  You have done everything right so far.  Give some time for them to answer the DV and the complaint process to run its course.

Message 2 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 3 of 6
salix

Okay, I'll just wait...while checking every day. I hate waiting! Smiley Happy Thank you!

Message 4 of 6
sarahalix

3 days later and it's gone...not sure what did it or if it'll come back, but it's off both EX and EQ (was never on TU) 

What are the chances it'll show up again??

Message 5 of 6
salix

WooHoo!!! Just got a letter from the CA stating that they have deleted the account from my credit file--and that they apologize for any inconvenience. Feels pretty good to have that done with. Smiley Happy Thanks for all the advice I've gotten from you people over the past few months...there is no way I could have fixed our credit so quickly and effectively without this forum. One more month and we can reapply for a mortgage!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.