Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account information disputed by customer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account information disputed by customer

Hello, I've been an avid reader for some time. I recently sent out a few DV letters to have inaccurate information verified and wanted to get some clarification of the terminlogy used on my new credit report:

"Account previously in dispute-now resolved-reported by subscriber" Is this stating the debt has been verified if it is still on my CR? I just recently sent out the DV letters and that is what my CR says as of today. I'm hoping that the CRA found the errors but there is some form of lag before it will come off of my credit report.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account information disputed by customer

Did you dispute it before ? A dispute comment stays on your report until you request it to be removed .
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

DV requests are not "disputes" under the provisions of the FCRA, they are debt collection practices matters under the FDCPA.

The CRAs have no involvment in the DV process.  DV requests are not reported to a CRA and do not appear in your credit report.  They are private debt collection practices matters between the cosumer and the debt collector.

DVs are sent directly to the debt collector, with no inolvement or knowledge thereof by the CRA.

DV requests do not relate to the accuracy of information in your creit report.  They relate to vlaidity/verification of the debt, and/or the name of the ortiginal creditor.

A DV need not ideintify any specific inaccuracy in credit reporting, and indeed can be sent even if the debt collector has not reported to a CRA.

In distinction, a dispute under the FCRA applies only to information that is in your credit file/report, and must identify the specific inaccuracy and proivde some documentation of why it is asserted to be inaccurate.

The confusion arised party because both the FCRA 611 and FDCPA 809 use the term  "dispute.""

However, they are very different in nature.  A dispute under the FDCPA is of the validity of the debt as oppoes to accuracy of credit reporting

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you dispute it before ? A dispute comment stays on your report until you request it to be removed .

I disputed it the 17th of this month. It's saying "Now resolved" is that mean the account was verified or could the account be in the process of being taken off if the information were incorrect?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it was verified it would say something like " account meets FCRA requirements"
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.