cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account listed as deliquent after being paid off in full? How?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account listed as deliquent after being paid off in full? How?

Hello all,

I recently paid off an auto loan that I've been struggling with.  There are already some delinquencies on the account.  I have a letter from the creditor dated 1/24/13 saying the account is paid in full and the title is attached to it.  However, Credit Karma sent me a notice saying the same creditor listed my account as delinquent 60 days on 2/10/13.  The account was 30 days late on 1/6/13 according to Credit Karma.  My question is, how can they list me as being delinquent on the account 2 1/2 weeks after sending me a letter saying the account was paid in full?  Is this something I can challenge?  As far as I know the account was not in collections.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Account listed as deliquent after being paid off in full? How?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account listed as deliquent after being paid off in full? How?

Yes, I was.  But is it normal for a creditor to post a delinquency after an account is paid in full?

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Account listed as delinquent after being paid off in full? How?

As long as it is a past delinquency, they can post it.  It could be that them posting the past delinquencies just coincided with the update of the TL after you PIF.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks.  I guess I'll need to check to see when the delinquency was actually posted versus when CK notified me.  But if the account was PIF in January, there's no way February could trigger another delinquent post, right?

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.