PrincessP

Account listed twice by OC on reports..who do I dispute with?

I have an old BOA account listed twice on EX as below:

BAC/FLEET-BKCARD Reported on EX and EQ as having a balance of $250 collection/charge off

FLEET Reported on EX as being opened in 2006 (not true this was opened in 1999) with an original balance of $250, current balance $546

This account is also listed by a CA but these two lines look like OC to me.

My question is, do I dispute this with EX or the OC? I've gathered that you should dispute through the mail with CRA rather than online, but I haven't found a dispute letter. Is there anything I should know when writing my own? Anything I should/shouldn't include?

Moderator Emeritus

Re: Account listed twice by OC on reports..who do I dispute with?

List out the accounts side by side and write a little letter saying that they are duplicate accounts.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}