cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account previously in dispute - investigation complete, reported by data furnisher

tag
Matt6995
Regular Contributor

Account previously in dispute - investigation complete, reported by data furnisher

Was going over my reports tonight to put together a couple PFD letters.

I noticed that a Cap1 card I have shows 2 years correctly as paid on time, under limits blah blah. Listed under accounts in good standing.

I also noticed at the bottom it shows the following message:

"Account previously in dispute - investigation complete, reported by data furnisher".

I know what the message means but heres the rub: I never disputed this account in any way or asked for anything related to it be looked at by the CRA which is EX. Not sure why I would dispute an account showing perfect record for last 2 years.

Nothing mentioned about disputes on the two other reports.

Is this hurting me in any way?

Thought about actually doing a dispute saying I never did one before but I have heard horror stories about the problem becoming worse.

Any advice from the guru's?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Account previously in dispute - investigation complete, reported by data furnisher

Having the dispute listed there is not hurting you. Call the CRA and have them remove it.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Account previously in dispute - investigation complete, reported by data furnisher

I would not fall into the catch-22 trap of filing a legitimate dispute to correct the showing of a an improper dispute.  Then you WILL have an accurate comment.

Call the CRA and attempt to get it resolved informally.  If they fail to do so, then file a formal complaint with the CRA, not a dispute under section 611.

Message 3 of 4
Matt6995
Regular Contributor

I will call tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.