Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account still reporting in collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account still reporting in collection

I have one account through midland funding that is still reporting as in collection. I have called both midland and the card company and they said they reported it has been paid to the credit bureas. This account was paid off in spet of 2015. Do collections accounts stay in collection on your report after they are paid. Sorry i am new to this credit monitoring. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Account still reporting in collection

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one account through midland funding that is still reporting as in collection. I have called both midland and the card company and they said they reported it has been paid to the credit bureas. This account was paid off in spet of 2015. Do collections accounts stay in collection on your report after they are paid. Sorry i am new to this credit monitoring. 

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Yes collections remain on file post paid unless you had an agreement to pay for delete in place prior to paying. They can stay for 7.5 yrs max from the OCs DoFD. If these accounts are still showing open unpaid and you have tried to get them to report accurate info then its time to file a CFPB complaint on both of them at this point.

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.