cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account was paid, but on my report it shows status unknown, should I leave it alone or not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account was paid, but on my report it shows status unknown, should I leave it alone or not?

Ok, so I was able to get the free trial at CCT to see my FICO8 score. According to CCT my score is 570.  I have quite a few deliquient and negatives but most are pretty old. I do have some questions though. Some years ago (around 2012) I took out a student loan. It was eventually paid off. Paid off very late, but paid off. On my Experian report this account is showing as closed, balance of 0 and payment status of "unknown" is this a bad thing? Should I try and dispute or fix this? It is being updated regularly and was updated this month. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account was paid, but on my report it shows status unknown, should I leave it alone or not?

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, so I was able to get the free trial at CCT to see my FICO8 score. According to CCT my score is 570.  I have quite a few deliquient and negatives but most are pretty old. I do have some questions though. Some years ago (around 2012) I took out a student loan. It was eventually paid off. Paid off very late, but paid off. On my Experian report this account is showing as closed, balance of 0 and payment status of "unknown" is this a bad thing? Should I try and dispute or fix this? It is being updated regularly and was updated this month. 

I have a bunch like this too - $0 balance but staus is unknown. Some of these were paid before the bankruptcy this year and some were included in the BK7. Not sure whether I need to dispute these or not...

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Account was paid, but on my report it shows status unknown, should I leave it alone or not?

Payment rating and current status are different animals.

What is the current status?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.