Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts DELETED!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accounts DELETED!!!!!

I'm proud to say that I was successful in getting 13 out of 21 negative accounts deleted from my Transunion report and I'm still waiting to hear back from Equifax and Experian.  Baby Steps.....

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Re: Accounts DELETED!!!!!

Congratulations! How long did it take?

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
sdilley14
New Contributor

Nice work!  What type of accounts, which creditors, what steps did you take, how long did it take...inquiring minds want to know!

Starting Score: TU:437 (2009)
Current Score: TU:659 (06/2012) / 647 (11/2011)
Goal Score: TU:720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! It took less than 30 days with the online dispute with Transunion; Equifax the dispute is complete but I think they're going to mail my results. I was very skeptical at first because a lot of them I'd already sent the PFD and received 2 back; IC Systems claims they don't delete and NCO Financial stating they'd delete if they weren't able to verify. IC Systems is being a little stubborn, but I'm not giving up.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll provide that information a little later today regarding the steps I took, creditors and so on....

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  I look forward to reading up on the steps you took.  

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So sending electronic disputes worked for you???  I had heard that doesn't work.  I look forward to reading your later posts on the approach, what credits, etc.

Congratulations!!!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

After reading the information some websites had to offer I set out a plan to rebuild my credit because they provided hope for me. I first broke down any payments that were under $300 and figured I would PFD these and dispute the others just to see how far I could get in having them removed. I first typed up a letter to Experian (12.5.11) sent certified mail (received 12.12.11) disputing then I began sending out my PFD with the settlement letters to the collection agency some I sent verification letters to. I then mailed Equifax the same letter I'd mailed Experian; once they received my letter (12.19.11)they sent me an email the same day asking if I'd like to submit my dispute online this way I can check the status (I accepted). Once I accepted I thought, even though some say don't do online dispute let me give Transunion a try since I hadn't sent my letter to them yet. I have to admit I was a little worried and was even thinking about sending them a follow up letter certified mail, but I remembered reading that once you send the second dispute they'll start the process all over again and you'll have to wait longer. So, both Equifax and Transunion online diputes began 12.19.11. Transunion completed their dispute on 1.17.12 and I'm assuming so did Equifax because I went to check my dispute status and nothing was there. I believe they're going to send me a hard copy letter. Anyway.....I'm going to list the Collection Agency, Original Creditor and what I disputed:

Barons Creditors Service - BMO Harris Bank, the collection agency never sent correspondance to me.

Credit Protection Assoc - Comcast, had been paid through comcast a long time ago.

Creditors Alliance Inc - Medical

Enhanced Recovery Company - AT & T, paid original creditor

Harris & Harris - Medical, the account wasn't mine

Imagine (credit card) is original creditor they account number didn't match, it looked like I had a duplicate. One with the original creditor and one with collections.

Mountain Lion Acquisitions - I don't know who the Original Creditor was.

NCO Financial - Illinois Tollway, there was a duplicate.

NCO Financial - Progressive Insurance I sent them a PFD letter back in December; they responded by telling me if they couldn't verify they would delete.

NCO Financial - SBC, the collection agency claimed to be the original creditor

Professional Account Management -  Bank, paid original creditor

I also had two Public Records removed because I had paid them a couple of months after the judgement was made. They must've also deleted the University of Phoenix as well because I don't see it.

I did notice that no one report is the same. My Transunion report had a lot of things listed on there that were missing from the other two and I also had duplicates listed on that report.

I may have left some information out, so if you have further questions for me don't hesitate to ask.

I'll be updating this also, since I don't have access to my credit report to give a little more accuracy on the accounts.

Thank you!

Edited your post to remove a link to a company which isn't allowed to be linked to on these forums - llecs, myFICO moderator

Message 8 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Hi, OP, speaking as a poster, and not as a mod, the advice offered at CIC is terrible, IMO, and you'll find it more challenging to remove the stuff that remains. When I first started in repair, I too did the same thing. It killed my credit. Thankfully because the advice given on those sites is unethical at the least, myFICO removes all links to sites like that and removes advice on these forums that parallel the advice given over there, though there's nothing wrong with relaying your own story, as I've done in the past. And I'm not saying to never ever dispute. It's OK in terms of ID theft, but there are times you'd want to take steps before that dispute.

I'd wait until the disputes clear to do anything at all. Give them two weeks. Disputing will likely cause increased collection activity so save up $$$ for anything that got verified. If anything that is unpaid disappears, it means they have sold it, or will sell it. Save up money to protect yourself from that too, especially if inside SOL.

For any paid CA that remains, send a GW letter.

For any unpaid CA that remains, send a DV. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD.

For any unpaid OC, you can send a PFD, or pay it and GW later. Sometimes the length of history helps more than the baddie hurts. Weigh the age of each OC account with your AAoA. If older, you may not want it deleted via a PFD. If younger, certainly send a PFD.

For any paid OC, like with the age to AAoA comparison, weigh it carefully. Also, some baddies can turn positive around the 7-yr mark. That's something to consider too. Sometimes it's better to just wait it out.

For any current OC account (loans and CCs only), send a GW.

For any paid, closed OC accounts, with only a late or lates reporting, again weigh that age. Sometimes sending a GW on a closed account can get it deleted early which may hurt more than help.

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the great advice. Funny thing is, I was going to wait a month before disputing the remainder because I have a disorder called "trust issues" Smiley Wink It just seem like it was too simple for some of those things; however, a lot of that information had been with the first collection agency for years and the SOL is almost up and I'm hoping some won't re-appear, but I know some will. I know it's a process and I'm willing to go through it to repair my credit.

Once again, thanks for the information.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.