cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts I didn't activate are reporting! Please Help?

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Accounts I didn't activate are reporting! Please Help?

FYI, letter looks OK, but I'd leave out the part about disputing.  Good Luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 11 of 19
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Alright, let's get back to the point of the thread and help the OP.

.popcorn.gif

Definitely!

Message 12 of 19
HappySoda
Valued Member

lol sorry, I just believe in being real with people.

I will relax myself.

Message 13 of 19
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

Being real is good.  Being rude is bad.

Message 14 of 19
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

OK...  It's done...  Smiley Happy  Shake hands and let's get back to work.

July 2013 score:

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks fuzzybean and Shogun, I wouldn't worry about HappySoda, it seems to be a pattern of trolling this forum:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/This-Board-Seems-like-it-s-Filled-with-People...

Anyway, I tweaked the letter a bit. Please let me know what you think, thanks!

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter in order to kindly request your help. I recently canceled a First Premier credit card application in less than 24hrs and did not receive or activate the credit card. A FP account  #xxxx has since started reporting to the CRAs. I previously spoke to your customer service representative to request a deletion of this tradeline and he told be that it would be removed, so I am just following up for confirmation.

Since the FP tradeline has started reporting, I have noticed that my credit score is being affected negatively by the addition of this account to my credit report in different ways, since the credit score rating is influenced by the opening of new accounts and by the average age of all accounts, which is in itself affected by opening of new accounts. 

I am kindly asking FP for a courtesy gesture of goodwill to instruct the credit bureaus to remove this charge account, which was opened for less than 24hrs, from my credit reports. I would greatly appreciate this deletion as I am currently in the process of trying to rebuild my credit. 

I really appreciate your time and hope to to receive a favorable response soon.

Very Sincerely

Message 16 of 19
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You're welcome, and yes that is better.  Now get it sent!  Now get it sent!

July 2013 score:

Message 17 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'll throw out there that it'll be a long shot to get it deleted, or at least based on others' attempt in the past. I don't know what it did to your FICO scores. If these were your only two CCs you probably would have seen a large increase followed by a decrease once closed. If you have other open CCs, they probably are a score drain due to the new credit and impact to AAoA. While they'll hurt now, your scores will rebound in a few months (assuming they hurt it) and/or you'll see gradual increases over the next few months as these closed accts age. Your score will fully rebound inside 6-12 months and it'll continue to help as it gets older (assuming you apply for new credit in the future). In other words, if I had it, I'd let it age and it'll disappear around the 10-yr mark.

I'll agree that these are crappy cards because of their fees, rates, and low limits. However, if you search anything, like 'Apple' or 'Microsoft', you'll find that these are scams too (or so says the WWW). The internet is the digital bathroom walls of society. Anyone can say anything. You'll find similar comments about other CCs like Amex, Discover, CapOne (most def!), and so on. Don't base a decision on others' experiences. Make a judgment call on your own. I'd wait it out credit-wise for a few months. If you don't have any CCs, then try adding a secured CC from somewhere.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it, thanks.

Anyone have First Premier or Applied Bank executive office contact information? Emails or Tel nos?

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.