Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts Not Reporting to All CRAs

tag
retroAction
Contributor

Accounts Not Reporting to All CRAs

How does it affect me if an account is not reporting to one of the CRAs? The only open CC that I have is not reporting to TU, but it is reporting to the others. Is there any advantage to writing Wells Fargo and asking them to report to TU as well? Does this affect my FICO score?

I also have some positive history from a past loan that is only on Experian, is there any advantage to writing the bank and asking them to report the history to TU and EQ as well?

Thank you!

Current Score: EQ Fico 651 (5/22/2012)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
My Credit Rebuild Project Log
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
retroAction
Contributor

Re: Accounts Not Reporting to All CRAs

Is it worth my time to try and get positives reported to all CRAs if they are only on one currently? Is there any benefit to this?

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If you want it reported to TU, I'd give WF a call. Not every CC reports to all 3, but I own a WF CC and it reported to all 3.  Now if this was just opened (within the past month), give them a little more time. TU is always the slowest.

Adding it or not having it report can impact your FICO. FICO looks at 1) the age of this account (you can get dinged if new), 2) age of this account in relation to your AAoA, 3) the payment history of this account, 4) whether or not this account improves your mix of credit, and 5) the impact of your CC util. Going from one extreme to another....if this WF has a perfect payment history, a long payment history, you lack other CCs, and currently has a very low balance, then you could see a nice increase if added. Conversely, if this account is new, or has any lates, and carries a large balance in relation to it's CL and/or hurts your overall CC util, then you could see a drop if added. Since this is your only open CC, I bet you'd see a gain if added, provided the balance is in check and free of lates.

Again, not every creditor reports to all 3. If the loan is paid off, I would not do anything. Doing anything could actually get it deleted from EX since it is closed. And installment really doesn't help anyway per mix.

Message 3 of 5
retroAction
Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. The CC is a 6 year old tradeline with clean payment history but utilization is at about 90%. I am paying the card down and I plan to have it between 1-9% next month. This is my only open CC, is there any reason that I should wait until I get my util in check before requesting that it be added to the other two CRA?

Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I would wait.. adding it now will only hurt you in the short term because of the high util.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.