Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts Validated... Next Strategies

tag
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Accounts Validated... Next Strategies

Hello,

I recently started work cleaning up my credit, and sent out a couple of disputes in June 2012, with varying level of success. I want to continue the fight, so here is what I have on my current files and I would love some advice on which “dragon to slay first”

Midland Credit Management: 2 TLs; one for VerizonHome and the Tmobile, dating back to 2009. Each is between $300 - $400. Midland started reporting in 2011. I disputed twice, as recently as June 2012. Came back verified, and I received letters offering me 40% off in settlement. Since the last dispute, TU deleted the account, but EX and EQ are still reporting them, but without any information on Credit Limit/Original Amount and Balance - are all blank. Midland is reporting them as Factoring Company Acccount (debt buyer). My aim is to get both deleted. What should I do now ? Dispute again with the CRAs that the account is not reported correctly: for example, “Date of Status” and “Date Major Delinquency First Reported” is reported on both reports as 12/20 11, instead of 2009.

Eastern Account Systems: 3 separate TLs (for unpaid Comcast Bill + Unreturned equipment fees) for $125, $110 and $284 respectively. I moved in 2011 and my partner at that time failed to return the equipment and pay the last bill. The account is only reporting on EX. I disputed in June 2012, and it came back verified. Eastern also sent me a computer screen print out of my account from Comcast - I doubt this qualifies as proper validation. Currently, EX is reporting the account, but the Credit Limit/Original Amount and Balance are all blank - no longer being reported. My plan is to get this account deleted. So definitely, I want to dispute it again, but since the OC (Comcast) still owns the account, I wonder if I should contact them - should I ask for validation or send a PFD?

LVNV Funding LLC: Collecting for a First Premier Bank account opened in opened in 2004. I closed it with $400 written off. Current balance about $500. Scheduled to fall of mid-2013. But First Premier Bank recently reported it on EX in June, and it dropped off after disputes. LVNV is incorrectly reporting the Date of Status, but wouldn’t it be better to just leave it off and then fight to remove it once it is outside the SOL? 

Judgement: Maryland Tax lien (for unfilled state taxes) for $3500.00. Was told that if I file, and pay back taxes, they can remove the lien on my file. 

Judgement: Sued by MSW Capital for a debt ($1500) owed to Credit One Bank. MSW obtained judgement tied to my wages, after I failed to meet my payment agreement obligations. I finished paying the judgement. So it is now on my report, as Paid Judgement, and scheduled to continue till 2017. But Credit One bank is still reporting the account as “Paid in full.. was a charge off”. Do they still have a right to keep reporting the account given that it was “sold to another lender”? How should I handle this?

Thanks in advance for your responses ... 

cheers, Oy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Accounts Validated... Next Strategies

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

MCM x2 - send a PFD for each if it's yours. Date of Status should change with each action (e.g. a dispute, payment, random update, etc.). Date of First Major Delinquency Reported field is useless, IMO. Lenders and FICO don't look at it. I'd ignore it.

Eastern - send a PFD to whomever reports the debt.

LVNV - send a PFD.

PR: MD - I personally don't have any experience. Some are successful in removing fed tax liens via paying it and contacting the IRS. I'd try the same with State of MD.

PR: MSW - For the judgment, some had success in removing the judgment via contacting the plaintiff's attorney and asking them to ask the court to vacate and that can get it removed. For Credit One, it's reporting as it should. Conceivably you could have an OC, a CA, and a PR report at the same time. Try sending a GW to Credit One.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Lots of issues....

First, debt validation is entirely separate from disputing accuracy of reported information. I am not sure what has been done via DVs vs disputes.

When a consumer sends a DV, its affect, if timely, is to impose a cease collection bar on the debt collector.  Lack of verification has no specific relevance to accuracy of their credit reporting, and lack of debt verification is not a basis for asserting CR deletion.  You cannot DV an OC.

Verification does not require the debt collector to provide supporting documentation, so the fact that they have stated that they have obtained verification is most likely sufficient, and thus permits them to resume collection on the debt.

Additionally, request for debt verification only impose a cease collection bar if sent within 30 days of dunning notice.  Apparently, these accounts are past the statutory period for them to impose anything on the debt colector.

As for disputes, inaccuracies in credit reporting are not, per se, basis for deletion of the reported information.  The furnisher always has the option to either state they have found the information accurate, or else correct the information so as to make it accurate.  If the information is indeed inaccurate, they can simply update with the CRA with no requirement to delete.

Message 3 of 4
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Thanks to you both for the thoughtful responses ...  i will read over the suggested material.  Rgds, Oy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.