Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts didn't report IIB on EX

tag
rebuildcc
Established Member

Accounts didn't report IIB on EX

I just received a copy of report from my mortgage lender and carefully reviewed line by line and compared with reports that I pulled myself.  I noted that all of accounts doesn't list as "IIB" on EX, instead they list as Charge Off and Dell still reports account current or past due.  Should I correct them or just leave them there and they probably will drop soon around in 10/2011?  Here are some TL on EX:

(History: BK in 9/2005 and discharged in 1/2006, accounts below are NOT listed on other two reports)

EQ: 697, EX: 580, TU: 638. 

Discover Financial (EX)
Last Reported: 10/2005
Status Detail: This account is scheduled to continue on record until 09/2011.

Discover Financial (EX)
Last Reported: 10/2005
Status Detail: This account is scheduled to continue on record until 09/2011.

Dell Computer/WEB BANK
Status: Account charged off. $57 written off. $55 past due as of 04/2011
Last Reported: 04/2011
Recent Balance: $57
Status Detail: This account is scheduled to continue on record until 10/2011.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rebuildcc
Established Member

Re: Accounts didn't report IIB on EX

BTW, I looked at carefully again on EX that it has no public record of BK in 2005.  Should I wait for another year for all of bad one drop out? I am counting from whatever 1/2006 + 7.5 years?

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The reporting of the BK itself is separate from the reporting of derogs and delinquencies that occured prior to the discharge of BK.

If the accounts were included under the BK, then the creditor is required to update the balance owed to $0, but is not required to delete their prior charge-off.  That is an administrative accounting measure they took, and is not discharged.  The reporting of the amount charged-off is not improper, and as far as their accounting books go, it is still an unpaid debt, even though now uncollectible.

What exactly have they reported that is now inaccurate?

If the BK is reported, in can remain, under FCRA 605(a)(1), for ten years from the date of entry of the order for relief or the date of adjudication.  The 7 1/2 year period  applies only to charge-offs and collections, and runs from the DOFD on the OC account.  Do you know the DOFD? Their guesstimated fall-off date would imply a DOFD of around 3/2004.

Message 3 of 4
rebuildcc
Established Member

Thank RobertEG.

BK is reported on EQ and TU. All accounts are reported "Included in Bankruptcy or Chapter 7" on EQ and TU.

Since EX doesn't have BK reported that's why all accounts are listed as Charge Off on EX; and one account, Dell, still shows a balance.  The questions that I have were ... what should I do with those accounts on EX in order to improve my score? Should I correct them so that EX can report those accounts correctly and this action could impact my score because I don't want those account updated with a recent date? Or I just do nothing  and wait for them to fall off my EX because TU shows similar accounts which will be off the TU's report sometimes in Jun or Oct of this year.

Three sample accounts above are only listed on EX and not on EQ or TU.  Please give me adivces.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.