Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts in dispute

tag
jwpezd
Regular Contributor

Re: Accounts in dispute

Does anybody have any good ideas to get some of these removed sooner than later and boost my score quicker?
Chase Freedom-(1000) BOA 123-(2000) Home Depot-(4000)
Discover IT-(1000) Lowes GE-(1500) Orchard Bank-(300)
Regions Student Visa-(500) Best Buy Reward Zone-(500)
In the garden till 4/01/2015
Message 11 of 16
maluba
Regular Contributor

I'm right there with you. Actually, it sounds like you might be doing a bit better CR and score wise. I'm working on my husband's reports and they are something of a mess. COs, JDBs owing most of his debt and a nasty judgement. We want to start hosue hunting by this summer too because we'll have 2 toddlers by then and a barely 900 sq ft apt isn't going to cut it. So I feel your pain. That being said, I agree with the previous poster who said to be patient. I don't have any real advice on how to get your score higher, hopefully someone else does. But if it's better to wait, please do. You don't want to get caught in a situaion where you'll have sky high interest rates and end up incurring more debt, which might lead to a foreclosure. It's a hard pill to swallow (I'm trying to swallow it myself, in case things don't work out) but don't get frantic.

That being said, have you looked at the USDA (aka a Rural Development loan) or an FHA loan? They'll work with a 640 score, so that might be an easier goal to work towards.

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 16
jwpezd
Regular Contributor

We will be doing FHA with out a doubt. 640 was my goal. I'm in the low 600's now wit 66% util. I thought when I paid those off with one reporting 9% that would put me over. That was until I learned all this. Feeling rather defeated.
Chase Freedom-(1000) BOA 123-(2000) Home Depot-(4000)
Discover IT-(1000) Lowes GE-(1500) Orchard Bank-(300)
Regions Student Visa-(500) Best Buy Reward Zone-(500)
In the garden till 4/01/2015
Message 13 of 16
maluba
Regular Contributor

Be pragmatic, but don't ever get defeated. You can do this. It might take a bit longer than you might like, but it is possible Smiley Happy Have you ever tried to GW those lates? I'm failry new to this process too, so I'm just throwing stuff out there. Can you pay down some CCs to get a lower util?

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 16
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

FHA with 560 score

If you don’t have a lot of time just read this part of the FHA loan guide.

• You’ll need a verifiable with tax returns source of income, a credit history with a mid credit score of 560 with C-Mortgage.com ( most other lenders require 640+), and a 3.5% -10% down payment plus closing costs.
  • Closing costs can be added into the sales contract and paid by the seller. Ask for 6% accept no less than 3%
  • We do offer FHA 580 credit score loans as well.
  • Note with manual underwriting FHA loans are available for individuals with no credit history.
  • Credit scores less than 580 can be improved quickly...removed link
From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 15 of 16
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

The paid CO you could GW to cap, but they're known not to be receptive to being "helpful."

I fail to understand the "not paying" comment about the SL's in default. What does being a PT student have to do with contract obligations? Obviously you do have to pay, since it's being reported in default.

Anything listed as a charge off, or late 90days, or greater will hurt until they're gone (CRTP). If ever paid, the goodwill attempt may work.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.