Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts opened/closed same day

tag
jdp1
Valued Member

Accounts opened/closed same day

Good morning, all. I have a couple questions I hope someone can help me with. I am helping my fiancee rebuild her credit and get some of the baddies off, and have run into something i've never seen before. Her bureau's are showing 4 accounts from about 5 years ago, during a previous marriage. All of these accounts are Dell and show the same date for date opened and date closed. No payment history or balance. Is this helping, hurting, or not factoring into her score? She assumes it was her ex trying to buy a laptop, but she doesn't know anything about it. Any reccomendations? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Starting score: EQ08 - 590 (08/14)
Current Scores(11/14):
EQ08 - 662 : DCU - 656
TU08 - 656 : CK - 655
EX08 - 636 : CS - 674

$500 Cap1 : $500 Cap1 QS

Goal: 720 by 4/15
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Accounts opened/closed same day

I don't think that an aged, closed tradeline like that is impacting the scores much. Better to focus on establishing a strong credit PROFILE and the scores will follow. Chasing scores is not a productive activity in my opinion.

So what does her overall credit profile loook like?

Message 2 of 3
jdp1
Valued Member

Re: Accounts opened/closed same day

Overall her profile is not bad, however the majority of TL's are aged and closed. She has a few baddies from after her divorce, the only significant one being a NFCU CA on a CC for about $5,000. The others are being DV'd and probably will be PFD if they are able to validate. She currently has a USAA Secured card for $300 and a Cap1 CC for $300, and an open auto at $27,000. All are within the past year. No open TL's with any age to them, unfortunately. Mostly just trying to get her re-established, so to speak.

Starting score: EQ08 - 590 (08/14)
Current Scores(11/14):
EQ08 - 662 : DCU - 656
TU08 - 656 : CK - 655
EX08 - 636 : CS - 674

$500 Cap1 : $500 Cap1 QS

Goal: 720 by 4/15
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.