Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts to pay off first

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accounts to pay off first

Hello all!

First off thanks for all the help that's been posted so far! Second I'm sorry if this was covered already some place.

So I'm doing my darndest to get my credit to a 620 and use use my va home loan benefits. I have an Experian score of 550, trans union 440 and equifax of 430. Not really sure why one is so hi, though I suspect it's because there's two accounts not on experian.

I have several accounts in collections to a total of 6500 over about 7 accounts. I also have two repos (was a bad year for me) from two years back. I have Wells Fargo dealer for 5500 and GM for 8100. GM has already offered a deal to settle for half and I figure Wells would also. They both show as charge offs and have a balance on credit.

Ok my question, do I pay off the collections first of the cars? Which will help raise my credit faster? I plan to pay them all off over this year but I'm not sure where to start.

Thank you all so much!

Semper Fi!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Accounts to pay off first

Are any of these updating monthly? Are any still in SOL for your state?
Message 2 of 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Also, are any of the collections for credit cards?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two of the collections are for credit cards, however those cards in my accounts list report as charged off with $0 balances.

None of them are yet at SOL.

Thank you
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.