cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts under $100 not supposed to be listed on credit?

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Accounts under $100 not supposed to be listed on credit?

A collection is a collection, no matter the amount.  It is entirely up to the creditor whether or not they report it.  I have seen a collection as small as $10.

EQ and EX are not under any obligation to remove a collection because it is under $100.  Neither is TU. 

As stated several times, it is the FICO scoring model that does not factor in collections under $100.  It does not mean they cannot be on your report.  There is no basis for a dispute and no basis the CRAs would remove them based on the information you cited.  If TU did, you got lucky, they didn't have to.

Message 21 of 24
gummiebear
New Contributor

Easy way out?? None of this has been easy. Everyone here is trying to 'rebuild' credit. Mistakes were made in some way that we all are trying to fix (is what I thought people were doing). And what was misleading??
Message 22 of 24
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@gummiebear wrote:
Easy way out?? None of this has been easy. Everyone here is trying to 'rebuild' credit. Mistakes were made in some way that we all are trying to fix (is what I thought people were doing). And what was misleading??

I don't think there was anything misleading personally in the title of this thread. 

I have heard the $100 and lower collections not factoring into the TU08 scoring model.  Just as It has been explained many times on this thread that this only impacts on version of the FICO scoring model. Which, impacts nothing that Experian or Equifax does, because they purchase different FICO flavors from FICO.

The reason TU removed you account is unclear. Maybe the CSR who handled your situation bought into your reasoning. I had several under $100 dollar accounts on my credit reports, at least 7, and TU did not remove any of them, I had to pay them and GW them away, like always. There is nothing that says they cannot show these accounts. There is nothing indicating this anywhere, and anything saying to the contrary is incomplete and anecdotal.

Congrats on the removal! I don't think anyone is judging you. Smiley Happy We just want to be helpful. 

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 23 of 24
DaBears
Senior Contributor

TY Guiness and Scott. I'm just trying to be helpful Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.