Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accredited Home Lenders GW

tag
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

Accredited Home Lenders GW

My first shot from December was rejected with a letter, so I am sending a second letter.  Here is my first draft ... any advice?

Thank you for responding to my letter and sending me my payment history.  However, I am not disputing the fact that my payments were late (due to my banking error, not on purpose), I am simply asking your company to not report the late payments to the 3 Credit Reporting Agencies.  And I would like to point out that none of them have been within the past 18 months.   

You stated that “Accredited is obligated to report accurate information regarding the status of your loan while you are a customer of ours.”  Could you please tell me who requires Accredited to report such information?  Also, does this mean that if I were to refinance this Mortgage with another Mortgage company, or if I sell this home, that you would then not be obligated to report the information since I would no longer be a customer of yours?

Thank you and I look forward to your response.

or is the tone too confrontational?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Accredited Home Lenders GW

I think it is too confrontational for a goodwill later. You'll need a healthy smattering of honey if you want to sway them to your side.

Perhaps you could say something like: 

"Thank you for taking the time to reply to my initial letter. I would like to take the opportunity to reiterate that I am not disputing that my payments were late. I am asking for forgiveness, and a goodwill adjustment to remove the lates reported to the credit bureaus. I take my financial obligations seriously, as I realize how important good credit is. I would never intentionally pay late, however <insert banking error situation>. I have done <insert plan of action> to make certain that this situation never happens again.

You stated that “Accredited is obligated to report accurate information regarding the status of your loan while you are a customer of ours.” I agree. Because you have the ability to forgive mistakes, and rehabilitate accounts at your discretion, I'm requesting your consideration to forgive and remove the late payments. I sincerely appreciate your assistance in this matter."

If at first you don't succeed, try & try again. Just use a little more honey each time. Eventuall (hopefully), they'll get a tummy ache and cave to your will. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 4
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

thank you, yours is much better than mine!  *note to self... have a beer before working on letters related to credit reports*
Message 3 of 4
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

I called last week and spoke to someone in customer service who have me the name of a manager to fax a GW letter to.  I called for an update yesterday and the person who answered said that THEY were the only one who could grant GW's, and that they "never" do, unless it is one 30 day'er and the customer had sent months worth of letters.  She said I could send letters to upper management, but that often they just ignore them.  Any suggestions for me?  Should I just keep sending them to the regular address, or should I start sending them to upper management?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.