cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acct still says in dispute from 2 years ago ?

tag
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

Acct still says in dispute from 2 years ago ?

Does this hurt my score any, i thought I read any comments like that hurt your score?  It's a settled acct, I have no issues with it now , seems the CRA just simply forgot to remove the comments.

EX 706. TU 705 EQ 682. Avg 698
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Acct still says in dispute from 2 years ago ?

IIRC you can have the comments removed with a call 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

If you are not disputing, simply call the CRA and tell them that and ask them to remove the remarks.  These will need to be removed if you are interested in a mortgage.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

While an account has a pending dispute flag in place, certain items of information are excluded from your scoring.

Definately worth the effort to get the flag removed.

Any dispute has a stautory requiement for resolution within 30'ish days, so if that old, should be easily resolved.

Message 4 of 5
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

Thx everyone .  This is one of the companies I sent a GW to, so if denied the GW I will call the CRA to remove comments (EQ is only one that has it listed correctly).  The dispute was filed 2 years ago, this copy is before I sent the GWs out fyi.

EX 706. TU 705 EQ 682. Avg 698
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.