Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Astra Recovery Systems

tag
ap84
Regular Contributor

Re: Ad Astra Recovery Systems

I too have this on my credit report - I live in Texas - keep me posted on what information you find. Thank You!

Starting Score: 508, 532, 558
Current Score: 548, 634, 648
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exact same thing , I called and requested a PFD letter to be sent and they refused stating that once it is PIF they will remove it for sure. I asked "how would i be sure that you guys would do as your promised". He simply said its either I take the deal or leave it . Currently I am in Texas and it is just for a loan from speedy cash that was $100, but bounced to $242.00 from what I was told.

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

"how would i be sure that you guys would do as your promised"

Verbal agreement over the phone is as binding as a letter. You can always record the call yourself.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks will do.

Message 14 of 21
dori99

I'll have to try again and ask to be removed after Pif as I am still making payments to them. I missed 2 months and they reported me to all the CR agencies. The person I had on the phone said they would just post as zero balance after PIF. Just doesn't seem right. I could understand if I hadn't paid them anything. So frustrating. I'll keep you posted.
Message 15 of 21
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

Not sure if you all got this cleared up but as a note: Ad Astra will indeed delete an account once it's PIF. They have been the easiest CA I have ever dealt with and I would have never known had I not searched this forum. So far every post were they say they will delete it they have followed through with deleting the account. Personally, I chose to record the conversation just in case but with all the success others have had I wouldn't have had a problem doing it if I wasn't able to record it.

I will say that everything I read says they will not to a delete for partial payments only payments in full. She also asked if I was prepared to pay right then before she "spoke to a supervisor" which I was. I hope you've all PFD by now but if you're still having reservations they are one of the few CA's out there that will keep their word. The young lady I spoke with (who gave me her direct line to call back if the account wasn't updated in a week) told me "At the end of the day we just want to collect what's owed. We have no desire to keep reporting it after you've fufilled your contractual obligation." Fair enough...

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 16 of 21
dori99

Thanks for the info. I did call them just a bit ago and they said they have to talk to their supervisor to confirm but most likely it can be removed like it was never there if I paid the remaining balance. This was different than what he told me last but I gues it may be because I've made payments. I will update if it actually does get removed but probably won't know for sure for another 30 days. "fingers crossed"

Message 17 of 21
ap84
Regular Contributor

I paid my balance in full last week. I have been working tiredlessly all week to see if I could get the delete processed faster. Both Transunion and Experian were able to call Ad Astra and verify the delete, After they verified, it was automatically deleted. My lender just pulled my credit report and it does not show the collection. I am happy that Transunion and Experian went out of there way to call the collection agency for me. With persistence anything is possible. 

Starting Score: 508, 532, 558
Current Score: 548, 634, 648
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 21
dori99

Just wanted to update my status on the AD Astra account. I finally was able to talk to them about paying the balance and removing the account from my credit report. I just checked Equifax and Ad Astra speedy cash is no longer listed there. I still need to check Experian and Transunion.

Does anyone have suggestions for medical collections that are on credit report but show zero balance. I paid the hospital but they reported my anyway because it was late.

Thanks. Good luck to everyone.

Message 19 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@dori99 wrote:

Just wanted to update my status on the AD Astra account. I finally was able to talk to them about paying the balance and removing the account from my credit report. I just checked Equifax and Ad Astra speedy cash is no longer listed there. I still need to check Experian and Transunion.

Does anyone have suggestions for medical collections that are on credit report but show zero balance. I paid the hospital but they reported my anyway because it was late.

Thanks. Good luck to everyone.

Grats to your success and GW letters to the hospital is in order. Smiley Happy  Here is the GW Letter thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.