Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adcive for a newbie please!!!

tag
shy86
Established Member

Adcive for a newbie please!!!

I have been a lurker here for a few years and in October 2013 I decided to tackle my credit issues. I started at a 504 EQ FICO and today I am at 606 EQ FICO thanks to all the advice on this forum! Today, I was also approved for my first unsecured credit card with Credit One. My terms are a 17.9 V interest rate with a $35 membership fee which is understandable because of my credit history. So, since I was approved for this card I decided to go on an app (denial) spree. Every application I submitted was denied...a total of five or six apps. I plan to "garden" after today because I already had more the 10 inquires on each credit report and today made it worse. 

I already have a Cap 1 Secured with a 300 with a $10 balance, an NFCU secured card with a 0 balance, A Fingerhut Line of Credit with a 250 CL with a balance of $27 that I will pay before the statement cuts and car loan that is actually being bought by Westlake Financial that has a perfect payment history since 2012. Is there anything else I should do in order to establish credit? How long should I garden for before applying for new credit???

Thanks so much in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Adcive for a newbie please!!!

Welcome to the forums.

I can't offer any advice on this because everything I would normally suggest you already half. How many baddies do you have currently?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 6
shy86
Established Member

Thank you for responding Whitneyy. So I have alot of baddies...I have two charge offs that I just paid (one for first premier, the other for Verizon). One Midland Funding collection for T-Mobile that I am not paying because I do not agree with the amount and every time I dispute it comes back verified. About 3 or 4 unpaid medical collections and I just received notification that one of my sons medical bill was sent to collections so that will be up there soon. I have about 4 paid judgements and one I have been making payments on for about 2 years. And that is about it.
Message 3 of 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

As far as your collections go, have to tried to PFD any of them? Especially with the ones you paid, you could try GW letters to get them off and help bring your score up.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@shy86 wrote:
Thank you for responding Whitneyy. So I have alot of baddies...I have two charge offs that I just paid (one for first premier, the other for Verizon).
One Midland Funding collection for T-Mobile that I am not paying because I do not agree with the amount and every time I dispute it comes back verified. If you have a legit beef about the amount file a BBB complaint to push them to adjust it.
About 3 or 4 unpaid medical collections and I just received notification that one of my sons medical bill was sent to collections so that will be up there soon. Attempt the HIPAA Process, google search it.
I have about 4 paid judgements. File motions to vacate in the courts that granted them on grounds they are paid. If granted they are gone from your CRs.
and one I have been making payments on for about 2 years. Same as above when it is PIF.
And that is about it.

Message 5 of 6
shy86
Established Member

Thank you for the advice gdale6. I'm going ot attempt the GWs when my reports update. As far as vacating my judgement, I most likely do not have a chance to do that because of the state I reside in (VA). But I definitely going to researrch the HIPPA process. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.