cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added Fingerhut to my rebuild today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Added Fingerhut to my rebuild today!

@Anonymous wrote:
I tried NFCU today, they would not let me have an account. 3/4 of my grandparents were veterans but nothing worked to put them on the app. There's no NFCU in my state so going in person isn't an option . The San Diego thing doesn't work anymore from my research. I don't see any way to get into NFCU

Did you try online, or did you call?  Calling in is easy and they will help you. 

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't go too crazy with these rebuilder cards -- if you can stay under 5/24 and let your current accounts age 6 months you can get in with Chase with those scores.

Chase is way better to get in with than any other lender in the mid-600s.

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

My $5410 unpaid charge off is with chase so I'm pretty sure I'm blacklisted for life.
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

My unpaid CO with Chase was larger than that and around either 2008 or 2009 (I can't even remember anymore and don't have my old PDFs of reports).

They preapproved me for Freedom Unlimited 2 weeks ago with a 635 TU score.  Only a $500 toy card limit but I'm back in for the first time in forever.

Don't assume blacklists last forever, but definitely going to be at least 7 years I would say.  I wish I knew when the old CO was so I could figure it out myself.

Just glad to be back in with them, I've banked with them since the early early 90s when they bought out my bank.  My Chase checking account number is a very very small number of digits and always surprises tellers when they see it, lol.

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will call NFCU. What information should I have about my grandparents when I call? Does it matter that they have passed?

I just got an email from cap1 saying my credit will be increased from $3000 to $3500 after 5 months of on time payments. I would have expected a bigger increase after 5months?
Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Steps 5 month increases of $500 are common.  Some people end up getting larger ones but they generally promise $500.

Always hit the credit increase love button AFTER the 3rd statement posts on Capital One -- you will still get your credit steps increase after 5 months, though.

Message 16 of 30
Sugardarling40
Established Member

When I started my rebuild the beginning of 2016, the first year all I did was clean. I spent 6 mths sending letters to all 3 credit bureau asking and pleading for deletions and updates on my reports.  During the process,  I applied for my first two cards Cap 1 (journey & platinum with cl $500) and I also applied for fingerhut $700 cl. Towards the end of 2016, should I say during the month of December. I started applying for store cards (Target, Amazon, Kohls and Jcpenny). The begining of 2017, all cards received a cli over $1000. Last weekend I applied and was approved for 2 AMEX. I can say fingerhut helped my journey. 

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's amazing! I think on factor that's holding me back is that I do have a lot of debt . $150k from school and 10k from my car . So maybe that's why I need to start from the bottom so to say as a rebuilder. no shame in Fingerhut!
Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

How far apart did you apply for the two cap1 cards? I want a second so bad but I'm not sure that it's time to apply yet.
Message 19 of 30
Sugardarling40
Established Member

I was reading through the forum last year and I came across a post of a person saying they applied for one card right after each other when they received the first congratulations email. So, I gave it a try 😅 and it worked.
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.