Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added as an AU on Cap 1.....only shows up on Experian

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

Added as an AU on Cap 1.....only shows up on Experian

I've searched the forums for an answer on my AU question but couldn't find an accurate answer. My girlfriend added me as an AU on her Cap 1 card that has 8 years of perfect history and a credit limit of 17.5k, with 0 balance. After reading many AU posts it seems that some people had problems with AU reporting if they have a different address than the primary card holder. 

I recently filed a dispute with Experian and when filing that I used my girlfriends address as a previous address. I notice when I pulled my Experian report it shows her addres now as one of my previous addresses.  I'm not sure if that is why the AU reported on Experian and not on TU and EQ or if the others are just slower to report. Cap 1 did ask for my SS number when she added me.

Is there a way to add a previous address to TU and EQ so they pick up the AU account.

The addition of the AU increased my EX Plus score by 52 points so I'm really hoping it shows up on my EQ and TU report. 

The other interesting thing is that on my EX report it shows "Flexibleble Spending Credit Card" in the account type field and not "authorized user". Is that normal?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Added as an AU on Cap 1.....only shows up on Experian

Not all CCC report to all CRAs.  Does hers report to all 3?  How long ago were you added?

Somewhere on the TL it should say AU.

TU is notoriously slow.  EQ may not have updated.

Message 2 of 4
IWOL
Established Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply. Her card does report to all 3 CRA,s and when she added me the Cap 1 CSR confimed that they will report AU to all three CRA,s.

EX has her address listed as a previous address for me so I'm thinking it may have to do with that. I've read in many posts on here that although AU.s are still counted in order to cut down on fraud they are only counting AU,s when address is the same. Not sure how much truth there is to that or not.

It may just be a time thing but just in case,, is it possible to call TU and EQ and add a previous address to my file?

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You might want to call the CSR at the CCC and find out if they have all the information to make it report correctly.  If they do it could just be a hurry up and wait thing.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.