Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Missing Accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Missing Accounts?

Good morning! I am wondering if someone might be able to offer some advice. I have one good account missing from all three credit reports (utility that DOES report to agencies) and another that is only being reported to Experian. Can you tell me what the quickest way to get these two accounts updated with all three CRAs would be? Thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding Missing Accounts?

Creditors do not have an obligation to report to the CRA's.  But if they do report, then they have to report correctly.  Utilities usually do not report unless something has gone wrong with the account.

If you are in the unusual situation of having a utility that reports accounts that have always been in good standing to the CRA's, and they are not reporting your account, then I would just call them up and ask if they would report your account.

It is unclear what kind of account is reporting only to EX, but that is pretty common.  Some creditors report to only one or two of the CRA's.  Call the creditor to find out . . .

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.