cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an authorized user to rebuild their credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding an authorized user to rebuild their credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

I would also add - don't try to short-cut the rebuild process. It's as much about re-training yourself (to use credit wisely) as it is about rebuilding, and you can't short-cut that process.

Such great advice. Heart

Message 21 of 23
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Before my husband and I were married I added him to all my credit cards as an auth user. You don't have to live together etc.. the auth user doesn't have to use the card, they basically are piggy backing off your credit. I would add her to your lowest utilization cards that has been opened the longest. It will help her build credit. If she didn't burn Cap one in any way charge off/banko then she could possibly get a card with them really easily. She could try the pre qualificator on their site. After about 6 months of her being an auth user on your stuff she should see her score increase. Also realize that whatever happens to those cards while on them will also affect her, and if you also take her off those cards that will also change her scores since she's no longer an auth user. No one can ever demand payment from her either when an auth user.

I believe the account info will stay on her reports for 10 years if the card is closed but it will be removed if she is removed as an AU?

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

i removed myself as an au on my best friends card (she was military overseas and gave it to me to buy things and send to her overseas).   The account and history came off 2 of my reports but stayed on one of them. 

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.