Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adverse credit report drop off

tag
MSPdude
Established Member

Adverse credit report drop off

Hello all,

Let me start by saying that there is an unbelievable amount of information on this forum.  I've been reading for months, and just signed up today.

My question:  I have a closed/CO credit card with Cap 1, and the outstanding balance is around $500.  The TU report states that this will fall off my report on 4/2013.  I have the ability to pay this amount in full.  Should I pay it off in full, or let the account go and not stir things up?  If it's set to fall off my report in 4/2013, I don't mind just waiting it out, but I'd feel better if I paid it off.  The reason being is that I have an Orchard bank CC that I'm using to rebuild my credit, and they were just bought out by Cap 1.  I don't want that outstanding balance to affect my current card, nor do I want to affect my future chances with Cap 1.  Not that I'd ever apply for one of their cards again, but I think you get the point.

Also, Cap 1 recently started sending a monthly statement after not sending one for about 4 years.  I completely forgot about it until the statement arrived a few months ago.

From what I've read, Cap 1 is not to good with granting GW requests. 

Thanks anyone for the answer,

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ninjamike81
Regular Contributor

Re: Adverse credit report drop off

i would try a pay for delete if your willing to pay the full amount but make sure you get it in writing.

Starting Score: TU 583, EX 683, EQ 653
Current Score: 10/12/14 TU 743 9/24/2014 EQ FICO 751,12/17/2014 EXPERIAN 772
Goal Score: 750

WALLET: CAP ONE UNSEC $2000, WALMART $3800, CITI SIMPLICITY $3600, DISCOVER IT $2000, BBRZ $2200, AMEX BCE $24,500, CHASE FREEDOM 10,500 KAWASAKI GOOD TIMES CARD $31,500
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.