Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice...Charged off account updated after settlement

tag
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Advice...Charged off account updated after settlement

Hi all!  I settled a charged off Macy's account back in February, early Feb I believe to be exact, but they updated the account as deliquent again in March.  Is there anything that I can do about that?

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Advice...Charged off account updated after settlement

I assume that they updated the current status.

Current status is only a snapshot of the status as of their last reporting, which is required to no longer show any delinquency status.

It must show paid or settled.

File a dispute with the CRA of the accuracy of the current status, providing proof of payment.

Message 2 of 5
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

I assume that they updated the current status.

Current status is only a snapshot of the status as of their last reporting, which is required to no longer show any delinquency status.

It must show paid or settled.

File a dispute with the CRA of the accuracy of the current status, providing proof of payment.

It does show settled as the status but it reflects late in the month of March in the history.  Does this matter?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have that same problem but I just paid a CO last month and it updated and now says I was late last month on a payment , before I settled my last late payment was 2 years ago , now it's says one month ago. My CO has not updated to settled yet , my question is when it does will my last late go back to 2 years ago or will it be 1 month ago ? Please let me know your thoughts, I will update when it happens but I need it to be 2 years not last month as I was trying to make it better not worse.
Message 4 of 5
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have that same problem but I just paid a CO last month and it updated and now says I was late last month on a payment , before I settled my last late payment was 2 years ago , now it's says one month ago. My CO has not updated to settled yet , my question is when it does will my last late go back to 2 years ago or will it be 1 month ago ? Please let me know your thoughts, I will update when it happens but I need it to be 2 years not last month as I was trying to make it better not worse.

Others will hopefully chime it but it most definately will be not reflect the most current late as two years ago.  I would think that your last late would be the month that you actually settled the account but as I mentioned my updated me being late for the month after as well, which I find inaccurate and unfair.  Definately keep us posted and wishing you all the luck.  Have you started a goodwill campaign to request total removal of the tradeline?  It's worth a shot even though I have not been lucky in dealing with any of my three, others on this board have had success with various companies.  You might want to post a question about the likely hood of the company deleting the tradeline or do a search on the board.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.