Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice For Accounts In Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice For Accounts In Collections

Hello everyone. I have a number of questions today.

1. I have an account in collections from PINNACLE CREDIT SERVICES L. The account was the worst financial mistake I have ever made. I opened an "unlimited" wireless internet account for college with Verizon Wireless. I was told over and over again by the seller its worth going for the unlimited account so I don't have to worry about overages. Well I got slapped with a 5,000 bill from overages in 2008 (downloading music movies, and games). On my Equifax report it states the open date as 08/2010 and also on Transunion ( I do not have my experian report to reference). On my equifax report the date the first major deliquency was reported states 10/2010. Further down it states date of first delinquency 04/2008 (which sounds very correct to the date I opened it). I learned from reading this forum it is illegal for them to keep an old account on your report for more than 7 years. I am aware of the chance of getting a 1099-C when that time comes as well. I am worried that since the date opened states 08/2010 that's the date they are going to use for the SOL. Can anyone please help me with this conflict?

2. Within the next month I should have enough money to PIF or hopefully PFD an account in collections from an ambulance ride (OC is City of Sacramento Fire) I got in 2012. The CA is Fin CR Network and the amount is 1,344. Since it is recent I am thinking PFD might be better than PIF. Any advice on which is the better option and also any advice on how to properly negotiate an account in collections (especially without admitting receiveing the service I'm a bad liar) would be greatly appreciated?

Once I climb up those two hills its just two small accounts left in collections Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice For Accounts In Collections

Good luck getting verizon to pay for delete. They do not like to do that nor am I having any luck with GWing them. BUT they will settle for a lesser amount. I know it isn't ideal- but if it is going to stay on my credit for 7 years I would rather just settle for a lesser amount so I have more money to put towards other badies that will actually be deleted. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh. sorry. I totally mis read what you wrote and assumed you were trying to PFD with verizon. Teach me for replying before I am done with my first cup of coffee LOL

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone. I have a number of questions today.

1. I have an account in collections from PINNACLE CREDIT SERVICES L. The account was the worst financial mistake I have ever made. I opened an "unlimited" wireless internet account for college with Verizon Wireless. I was told over and over again by the seller its worth going for the unlimited account so I don't have to worry about overages. Well I got slapped with a 5,000 bill from overages in 2008 (downloading music movies, and games). On my Equifax report it states the open date as 08/2010 and also on Transunion ( I do not have my experian report to reference). On my equifax report the date the first major deliquency was reported states 10/2010. Further down it states date of first delinquency 04/2008 (which sounds very correct to the date I opened it). I learned from reading this forum it is illegal for them to keep an old account on your report for more than 7 years. I am aware of the chance of getting a 1099-C when that time comes as well. I am worried that since the date opened states 08/2010 that's the date they are going to use for the SOL. Can anyone please help me with this conflict?

2. Within the next month I should have enough money to PIF or hopefully PFD an account in collections from an ambulance ride (OC is City of Sacramento Fire) I got in 2012. The CA is Fin CR Network and the amount is 1,344. Since it is recent I am thinking PFD might be better than PIF. Any advice on which is the better option and also any advice on how to properly negotiate an account in collections (especially without admitting receiveing the service I'm a bad liar) would be greatly appreciated?

Once I climb up those two hills its just two small accounts left in collections Smiley Happy

On the Verizon one - I think the 'date opened' of 08/2010 probably just refers to the date it was assigned to (or bought by) Pinnacle. What matters is the drop off date. What is the drop off date?

Always ask for PFD before paying - worst they can do is say no.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see one on my Equifax report but on TU it says the estimated date is 03/2015.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, that sounds about right. As long as you are beyond SOL, I would just let it age off.

Message 6 of 8
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't see one on my Equifax report but on TU it says the estimated date is 03/2015.

If 3/15 id the date its schedule to fall of TU will exclude early if you ask, if not I'd just wait....no sense waisting good money...the SOL is on your side as well...

Cap one secured=200 closed
Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Victoria'ssecrets1850, citicard 6500TU=735,Ex=723,Eq=734
Message 7 of 8
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Transunion will remove something as early as six months, fyi Smiley Happy

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.