cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice Needed - Best Way to Approach Rebuilding Credit? (first post)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice Needed - Best Way to Approach Rebuilding Credit? (first post)

First post on this community: I am trying to rebuild my credit after some less than stellar decisions in the past 5 years. At the moment, I have three major negative marks on my credit and am finally in a financial position to do something about them. Current credit score is TU-630, EQ-631. I would appreciate any advice on how I should go about fixing these:

CA: Midland / OC: GE Money

original charge - $617, current charge on report $787

DOFD: 2010

CA: Collection Assoc / OC: Video Store (the local version of Blockbuster)

original charge - $60, current charge on report $60

CA: Credit Protection / Time Warner

original charge - $101, current charge on report $0 (paid in full)

DOFD: 2008

Not sure if I should 1) reach out to the OCs and with PFD letters, 2) reach out to CAs with DV and then PFD letters, or 3) some other strategy? Please PM/post with any follow up Qs. Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice Needed - Best Way to Approach Rebuilding Credit? (first post)

@Anonymous wrote:

First post on this community: I am trying to rebuild my credit after some less than stellar decisions in the past 5 years. At the moment, I have three major negative marks on my credit and am finally in a financial position to do something about them. Current credit score is TU-630, EQ-631. I would appreciate any advice on how I should go about fixing these:

CA: Midland / OC: GE Money

original charge - $617, current charge on report $787

CA: Collection Assoc / OC: Video Store (the local version of Blockbuster)

original charge - $60, current charge on report $60

CA: Credit Protection / Time Warner

original charge - $101, current charge on report $0 (paid in full)

DOFD: 2008

Not sure if I should 1) reach out to the OCs and with PFD letters, 2) reach out to CAs with DV and then PFD letters, or 3) some other strategy? Please PM/post with any follow up Qs. Thanks!

I have no experience with any of the OC's but if they will take the payment, I would go that route first. Midland will not budge with my TMobile account (even though it is only 4 months before it is set to drop off) so that should give you an idea about them.

Hopefully someone else can come along with more experience about these companies.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.