Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice Needed - Credit One - MSW Capital LLC

tag
moneystinks
New Contributor

Advice Needed - Credit One - MSW Capital LLC

I have a Charge Off from Credit One.  Date of Last Payment was 11/12, CO  7/13?     I sent Credit One a letter offering to pay in full for either a PFD or deletion of any lates, the charge off status and any negative comments and just changed to closed paid in full.  I received a very prompt response stating that due to non-payment the account was sold in July 2013 to a 3rd party agency and that they no longer have an ownership interest in the account.  All requests regarding the debt should be directed to MSW Capital LLC. 

Also said that all collection communications ceased at the date of the sale and that any collection efforts on this account are not on behalf of Credit One.

I've never received any communication from MSW Capital, so have not had any dealing with them and they are not reporting on my credit report. Should I attempt a negotiation with them to settle for less than the amount of the debt when they bought it ($862.36 - according to my credit report) in exchange for them never reporting on my credit report and then goodwill the heck out of Credit One for deletion? Has anyone been able to get Credit One to delete?

I live in TX the Statute of Limitations is 4 years and is obviously not through yet.  Help! I need advice in what to do in this situation!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice Needed - Credit One - MSW Capital LLC

If they have not yet reported you have a good chence of keeping them from doing so with a prompt settlement offer. For something so recent I would offer 50-60%...

Getting Credit One to delete will require lots of GW requests.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.