Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice Needed: Elite Recovery / Goldman Warshaw Judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice Needed: Elite Recovery / Goldman Warshaw Judgement

I have a Judgement from April 2007 in the amount of $5,200.  The OC was Household Bank, but I assume the JDB of Elite Recovery Services purchased the debt (for pennies on the dollar I'm sure).  I was recently contacted by Goldman & Warshaw about making payment for this account.  They offered me a Settlement back in October for $3,600...and it was indicated that they may go lower.

The Judgement is showing on 2 of 3 CR's (EXP and TU).  I recently got EQ to DELETE.

It's also my understanding that Elite Recovery Services went out of business a couple years ago.  Based upon this fact, I'm wondering how that allows Goldman to continue collection activities.

Any advice on how to best handle this situation?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Advice Needed: Elite Recovery / Goldman Warshaw Judgement

If it were me, I would ask for the chain of paperwork that leads from the judgement to them (prove they have the right to collect on the debt) and do a DV.

By law, I don't think they have to respond to the DV (unless you are in TX) and I don't think they have to provide chain of paperwork to prove they can legally collect the debt.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.