Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice Needed for some Fast Score Bumps

tag
Emma1137
Valued Member

Advice Needed for some Fast Score Bumps

Merry Christmas All and sorry for the lengthy email but I need some good, detailed advice:

I'm trying to get some final things done before year end so I can actually get some work done next year and start having some sort of life again.

I have been in 2 car accidents in the last 2 years (both where I was hit from no-where by drunk drivers) and have been spending real insane amounts of time trying to keep med accounts off my credit and get those removed that were put on incorrectly while my med insurance took their time paying the bills.  (I had 9 appear which I got deleted this summer alone).   I also have a few older delinquincies on there, some which are reported several times as different accounts and as collections and paid collections under the installment sections (I guess that's legal, right?).  I have been working on my credit for many, many months and am at a point where I am having a hard time getting my score up.  Any advice on certain creditor, telephone numbers, people to call, or general procedures to expedite would be greatly appreciated.  I am trying to qualify for a house and I need some fixes quick.  I'd like to do what I can myself before I go the route of rapid rescore with my lender and have to incur those costs. 

Here's where I am score-wise:  My FICO 8 vascillates between 600 and 660 depending on if I have any balance on my cedit cards.  My mortgage versions stay between 590 and 615.  My Exp score 2 never seems to move above 600 so I've decided to attack the EQ and TRU reports and whatever inproves on EXP is a plus.  My lenders will use the middle score so having one low shouldn't matter. I am just trying to get something done quickly so that's my short term strategy. 

That said, the below in red would be the ones that I would like to attack right away since I assume they affect my scores most.  The green are late pays but I would get a bump if I could get these deleted and it may happen quickly if I get the right contact.    The pink are good.

Some quick Q's:  Should I get more TLs?  LIke retail stores?  I am s**t scared to have any HPs when I am trying to get my score up.  Would that help my motrgage scores or even FICO 8 scores so that my CC limits would go up?  Any suggestion for personal loans around $2500?  I know my credit mix (or lack thereof) is an issue with my scores.  My recent car loan will help later not not anytiome soon.

Any suggestions from the experts out there or anyone that has done this recently or dealt with any of these CAs or OCs???   I would appreciate ANY tips I can get.  Feel free to PM me as well.  

Revolving

Synchrony/Care Credit:  On-time pmt for 3 years then a couple of months of late pays bwfore the final payment in Jan 2015.

Applied Bank Secured $1000:  $40 balance, On-time payments for 3 years (doesn't report to Equifax)

Cap One $750:  $198 Bal (accientally put a charge on it after last months payment but before stmt cut, pyed off today and will try and get a re-report), never a late pay 3 years

Cap One was $750 and just received increase to $3750:  $100 balance and no late payment for 3 years.

Peoples Gas (Utility): paid collection June 2015, DOFD mid-2013.  I waid this a few months ago and was told it would be deleted.  They refuse to delete and I have a hard time even getting someone in the credit office to be reasonable office on the line to discuss.   They recorded the conversation and I have all the time, name, etc details but they just say that the rep shouldn;t have told me they could be deleted.  This doesn't report to EQ.  It also appears under my collections from the CA.

Discover $13,400 (AU only): $1,300 bal, never late.

Installments

1. Cap One auto Finance $22,000:  Just opened, only reports to one bureau so far.  Opened partly to have non-CC loan report.

2. Springleaf:  late pays reported by EQ and EXP just prior to closing account.   3 years' on-time until then.  This was the same situation as Sync/Care Credit above.

3. Cap One Auto Finance:  Loan paid off in June 2014 after I was hit and the car was totaled.  Ins comoany paif off a couople of months late and I was told they were handling the payment to Cap One but it was reported late before the payoff.  Reports to all 3 bureaus as late the last 2 months but was on-time ever month until then - 3 years.

The below entries show as 4 seperate Installment loans on my 3BCR.  2 on the EQ and 2 on EXP

4. ECMC No acct number.  Paid Collection. EQ only.  Date opened & Last Activity noted as Jul 2009. Status - Aug 2015 (when I disputed this)

5. ECMC:  No account number.  Same as above but adds details like times late and first dilenquincy.  Same amount though and only on EQ.

6 & 7.  Experian only.  2 identical ECMC accounts:  First 4 digits of acct number. Date opened Jul 2009, paid collections. Status April 2012 90 days late.

Collections

1 & 2.  2 medical collections that appeared last week but I have already received confirmation from OC that they were submitted in error as ins is peocessing from an auto accident Will be done in a few days.

3 & 4.  ECMC accounts.  Both are the same Stu Loans as above but one has an original Bal of $7500 and the other $1396.  Both were for the $7500.  Both have date assigned as July 2009.

5.  Enhanced recoveryThis is the collection entry for the Peoples Gas paid collection above.  Just has a date assigned of Feb 2015.

6.  AFNI:  ATT was OL.   $82.  Still unpaod.  I keep trying for a PFD to no avail.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice Needed for some Fast Score Bumps

Fix your utilization, don't apply for anything. How is your DTI? 

Message 2 of 8
Emma1137
Valued Member

The only card with any balance is the one I'm an AU on and ot's less than 10%.  I doubt I can push my mom to pay it off for my benefit..  My DTI is very good.  I only have one loan and that's the new car loan.   With the new mortgage pmt and the new car loan, I'd be at 30%.

Message 3 of 8
Emma1137
Valued Member

The only card with any balance is the one I'm an AU on and it's less than 10%.  I doubt I can push my mom to pay it off for my benefit..  My DTI is very good.  I only have one loan and that's the new car loan.   With the new mortgage pmt and the new car loan, I'd be at 30%.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for early exclusions on the ECMI accounts since they are due to fall off next year. With the utility collection, I would submit a BBB complaint even if you had a verbal agreement to delete it is still binding. I had the same issue with a CA who refused after first agreeing and that's how I finally got them to delete. All their calls should be recorded so if you have the dates and times of when it happened they should be able to pull it up. Good luck!
Message 5 of 8
Emma1137
Valued Member

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Regarding the utility, they did tell me they were recorded and I was able to get  a supervisor who said she would pull up the recording but that it still was promised in error so wouldnt matter.  She never called me back and the only line I have to get to the upper mgt is a v-mail and they take 2 days to call back and ot's easy to miss the call.  I will take you advice about the BBB.  I'm not familiar wirh early exclusions but will read thru the forum threads.  Tank you again for your advice.   It is greatly appreciated.  Have a great holiday!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Emma1137 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Regarding the utility, they did tell me they were recorded and I was able to get  a supervisor who said she would pull up the recording but that it still was promised in error so wouldnt matter.  She never called me back and the only line I have to get to the upper mgt is a v-mail and they take 2 days to call back and ot's easy to miss the call.  I will take you advice about the BBB.  I'm not familiar wirh early exclusions but will read thru the forum threads.  Tank you again for your advice.   It is greatly appreciated.  Have a great holiday!

I would ask them if they would like to give that weak-ass excuse to your attorney.... in court. Since the CSR is THEIR designated representative in dealing with you, their making promises they weren't supposed to make is THEIR COMPANY'S liability, not yours. Since they have admitted they have the recording, inform them you will be asking for it in discovery phase of your suit. You're going to have to get tough with the idiots to get them to abide by their agreement.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The collection account definitely is a good one to try and have removed. I was in a similar situation where I had a collection that was paid 4 years ago, and reporting correctly as paid to all 3 CA's, but I needed it removed as it was really bringing down my score. I called the company directly a few times and was told each time that they won't remove it. So I submitted disputes to each CA. First time it didn't work, but I submitted disputes a 2nd time to all 3 again and it was removed from TU and Equifax.  So I would submit disputes if you can. It's worth a try.  

For your late payments: call them and try to have them remove the late payment status. Even if they remove one of them, that'll help. Tell them your situation about trying to get a house and mention your past situation which caused the late payments. Let them know you've paid on time for the past several years and it was just a blip on your otherwise timely payments. A lot of creditors will help you with this.

Those are just my opinions. Others on here have far more experience and thoughts, so hopefully they will respond as well. Good luck to you. I'm also trying to raise my scoare asap for a mortgage.  Hang in there!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.