Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice Please!

tag
mia23
New Visitor

Advice Please!

Credit Karma says I have about a 618 score.  I want to get my credit up to 750.  Currently I have about 7 accounts Charge-Off's, 3 remain unpaid.  I have a car note that I always pay on time and 3 credit cards (1 major and 2 store).  I would like to resolve the three remaining charge-off's and see if I could contact the ones I've paid to get them removed or changed to "closed" instead of "charged-off."  Help, thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Advice Please!

Hi and welcome to the forums.

You know that the score from CK is not a FICO score and should not be relied on.

As for contacting the creditors and asking them to remove the account or the CO annotation, it would depend on the creditor. 

Are any of them your oldest account?  If they did remove them it would impact your AAoA also.

Message 2 of 4
chosen4th
Contributor

do not always dismiss credit karma.. its spot on with my MYfico TU score

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

CK and FICO score everything differently.  CK does not include things that FICO does and vice versa.

If your scores are the same, IMO, it is a coincident.

OP is new and not knowing if they know there are FAKO and FICO scores, I brought it to their attention.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.